xymon
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best firewall?

Thumbs up Best firewall?

Hi

Im using Tiny Personal firewall . Im convinced that is the best firewall i can get. What do you think?

Unregistered Guest

See this modest firewall comparision site for Tiny

[url]http://www.wilders.org/firewalls.htm[/url]

Unregistered Guest

Also this second comparision site for Tiny.

[url]http://www.agnitum.com/php_scripts/compare.php[/url]

Unregistered Guest

Smile

You should try using MultiProxy, it's very good.

[url]http://www.multiproxy.org/[/url]

TC

Unregistered69 Guest

Exclamation

These tests on Tiny are for version 2
    Which is fine by me compared to ZA --has some great additional features on ZA
    S***est you look at Tiny Version 4 which is pay version but has a trial period and I find excellent

Unregistered Guest

Re: Firewalls.

I am currently using McAfee and they continue to str***le with Firewall upgrades (Virus Scan is okay, I guess). Downloaded an upgrade recently and every time I change an application from allow full access to outbound only (which allows users' requests to be fetched but not other unauthorized requests allowed in) as soon as I boot up McAfee automatically changes my settings to allow full access. They change only their application named items. So with each boot up I change them back and my firewall and virus scan work just fine - as they used to do also before upgrade. Question: What is their purpose - to profile ********s now? I am considering Norton Firewall and Norton Virus Scan 2002. I understand that the comprehensive offering 200* has some bugs in it. Opinion about McAfee and Norton would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anoraknid Guest

Best Firewall

Best hardware firewall? I s***est the Cisco PIX. With the pix 50* now relatively cheap and including a 4 port switch there is no excuse not to. All the software ones are just problems waiting to happen. Have tried Tiny / Black ice Zone Alarm etc etc but if you keep changing your IP address like I do on my notebooks then they become unmanagable / uninstallable and a huge waste of valuable time. If you have one PC in one location with one internet connection then a personal firewall is fine. If you have any form of network get a real stateful firewall.

Unregistered Guest
    Hi all,
    i am using internet through proxy and firewall so i can't look other sites when i want to look. so i would like to through this proxy and firewall. Please s***est me.

BUSHer Guest
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    Hi all,
    i am using internet through proxy and firewall so i can't look other sites when i want to look. so i would like to through this proxy and firewall. Please s***est me.
    what kind of other site you want to look exactly, open you heart and tell me.

hey!
    Check Zona Alarm Pro. It`s very good and you can download the retail and search for a serial at [url]www.astalavista.box.sk[/url]
    I have ZAP and wotk perfect for me.
    -=Alin=-

+ Reply to Thread