network monitoring
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IPGet

IPGet

Basically, IPGet is a script for Messenger Plus! Live (Which is an add-on for MSN).
    It's supposed to tell you the IP of a person when you connect to their computers.
    No more netstat while file-transfer, yay!

Well, I basically have the 'IP Adress' of almost everyone on my list.
    I actually believed that it was the IP Adress of some people,
    until I used MSN on my computer.

See, I got the IP Adress of my computer,
    then I relized it wasn't the same on as the one you see when you click network settings.
    (Or the one you use when you use RATs)

My IP adress starts with : **2.*68...
    But the IP adress it picks up starts with: 75.*55...

I looked at the wireless network statics carefully, then I relized it was my DNS Server.

Is there any way that DNS Server names can come useful for hacking?
    And, when you type netstat in CMD while you have a file-transfer in MSN, does it also get the DNS Server?

Thanks for your reply,
    AcroMace

If you don't even know about your network settings how can you be excited to get others ip addresses. Lookup up NAT and some TCP/IP and you should get some answers to your ip questions. For people to tell you you'll only understand a very small percentage of what your seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    If you don't even know about your network settings how can you be excited to get others ip addresses. Lookup up NAT and some TCP/IP and you should get some answers to your ip questions. For people to tell you you'll only understand a very small percentage of what your seeing.
    FYI, I never asked questions on IP adresses, only DNS Servers.
    I did look up NAT, I don't understand it, and nor would I wish to understand it.
    I need someone that actually tried the program, and knows what they are talking about.
    So I could look THAT up, and try to understand what it means.
    I do know know as much as a *2 year old kid can know about IP...
    since that's just about my brain limit.
    Can anyone that actually knows this program tell me if knowing NAT is really neccesary?

Before DNS You should make IP u Static

Quote Originally Posted by jode View Post
    Before DNS You should make IP u Static
    Can anyone just give me an answer to my question instead of commenting on my lack of knowledge on computers?

Quote Originally Posted by AcroMace View Post
    Is there any way that DNS Server names can come useful for hacking?
    And, when you type netstat in CMD while you have a file-transfer in MSN, does it also get the DNS Server?
    As to your first question, the answer is usually no. There are rare cases where someone can get access to the DNS server and poison it, that is to say, change how the server associates the IPs with the domains, and could lead anyone using the DNS server to a fake login page. But I'm no expert on DNS poisoning, so I can't help you there.

As to your second question, no, it won't fetch the DNS server IP.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Thanks.
    As soon as I understand what you just said,
    I'll try to make the best use of it.

My fault man I didn't know you were so young. The reason I s***ested you to read up on NAT is because the address you looked up is not your dns server. If you read about it I thought you would of figured everything out. I could be wrong but I don't see why a program looking for your ip would get the ip of your ISPs dns server or whatever dns server your using. Unless your running a server. Its most likely your external ip address. From what I remember of NAT its like a bridge, say in your router. One one side you got your public ip address which everyone can see and on the other side you have your internal network (ips of **2.*68.x.x). NAT is the protocol that must direct the traffic coming from the outside to the inside computers and vice versa.

+ Reply to Thread