network monitoring
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with IP Address Please!

Help with IP Address Please!

Hi! New here, and looking for answers!

I recently joined a site which only allows each user one account. I was originally denied my account because the administrator claimed that I already had an account. I begged and pleaded, and I was eventually allowed the account. Now two weeks later, admin has come to me again, saying I have multiple accounts and have filled out multiple registration applications. I'm pretty sure I will get the boot pretty soon.

I really am at a loss, as I only have one account on the site, and I have only filled out one application for my account. Admin says that's untrue, as my IP address has been flagged.

I use AOL through Time Warner, however I have been using IE or Firefox recently. My ISP says that I do have a dynamic IP address.

So, please can someone more computer literate than I let me know whether it is possible for the same IP address to show up on the same site? It is a small site, only about 400 members right now.

Thanks much for any help or info you can give me!

Is anyone else able to use your computer?
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

I don't know if this applies, I access the net through AT&T then bring up my aol software and access sites where I appear to have an AOL ip address. One site accused me of using a proxy(probably true) and blocked me. Moonbat or Coz would probably know more than me on this.
    You could try TOR and join using that.

No, I'm really the only one in my household that would be accessing the site. I'm completely at a loss...

Seems like a bad way to run a site? But I'm sure theres a purpose. In my opinion the most likely cause is AOL. Because of how all their uses sort of work through a proxy.

Take a look at this, it's straight from AOL.

[url]http://web******.info.aol.com/proxyinfo.html[/url]

AOL is the only ISP I've know to be like this.

I'm guessing as well it has something to do with AOL as well. Since nobody else accesses the site from your computer, coz's answer seems logical.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Thank you guys so much for your help! I believe (and hope!) that the AOL proxy must be the problem, as there could be no other logical explanation. I will present these communications with admin, and hopefully this will clear some things up.

As for the site, admin does have it's reasons for allowing only one account per person- It's a sim game in which players would have an unfair advantage should they have multiple accounts.

Thanks again! You don't know how much I appreciate your help!
    Last edited by LeslieCA1; 01-30-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Help Finding Private Ip Address of Scammer

HELLO~
    Some bogus website stole my ****** card information and has been illegally charging my ****** card.I want to find out there private IP address if possible to shut them down.I filed police reports and all the other reports but no ones going to find these guys.It's up to me.All I found was there servers Ip address which is Verizon in Omaha,Nebraska.Although I was proud I even found that.There website is shopping-essentials.com Any help would be appreciated.Have the best day ever.
    Amber

You are not alone. [url]http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q5=Shopping+Essentials&searchtype=0&q*=ALL&q*=&q2=&q7=&q4=&q6=&start=*5[/url]

Hey Gordo

Thank you!I am supposed getting ***** put back into my account today by that company.Thanks for the link I got alot of advice and support from that chat room.Your awesome!
    Amber

google sometimes makes me appear to be smart.

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    google sometimes makes me smart.
    There, fixed for you

thanx

+ Reply to Thread