Power Admin
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Rant] Kindness on the Internet, a waste?

[Rant] Kindness on the Internet, a waste?

For the most part, yes.

While this happens in real life, it happens a lot more on the Internet. People enjoy taking advantage of others who do nice things. People think the Internet has made them untraceable and thus proceed to be rude, ignorant, and arrogant. What many don't know is that with just a name and $**.** they can be found. Being on the Internet has expanded my imagination. I can SWAT them, or go to their house, grab the nearest sharp metal object and violently thrust it into various parts of their body continuously until they get out of rigor mortis. But will I do that? Heavens, no! I'm a nice guy, remember?

There are thousands upon thousands of examples. Go torrent something and you can see for yourself the number of leechers vs seeders is high. Throw something into a private or VIP section and it'll get leaked within a week, guaranteeed. A while ago I had root on a nice server and decided to let someone host his site on there, because his free host couldn't handle the amount of traffic he was getting. What do you think happens?

Turns out the guy was not a free hosting. He had a paid host (*&* WebHosting). He had uploaded a copy of his site on a free host and tried to fool me. When I gave him the FTP details, he uploaded another copy of his site, and tried to sneak in a PHP backdoor. The loser didn't even try to obfuscate the code, he probably just grabbed a PHP backdoor he'd seen somewhere else. From there I got the FTP info for his real site, and I found out he uses the same password for everything. Needless to say, I owned the mess outta him. Never heard from him again.

The point is that if you try to do something nice, people take advantage of you. I uploaded some warez, speficically Photoshop CS*. So far I have over *00+ downloads, but only 6 people bothered to say thanks in the thread. That's right, 6.

I know you're not supposed to complain about doing something nice if you volunteered to do it. But seriously, have people lost their minds? You guys are lucky that the Internet is not a big truck, because if it was, I would put a shitload of thermite in it and blow it the fuck up.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

yea i understand, and if you think about it..its kinda stupid thinking your immortal on the net, even hackers are worried of being *****ed (yes the good ones too) because they UNDERSTAND what the web is and how it works. yes i also agree with you m00nbat, people do the hit and run thing for things they want but HEY! dude just be happy you know more than them lol thats how i look at it, its like someone posting up a math answer and we posting the answer for them, do they learn something? psht no. dude and what that guy did to you was messed up, lol you should have placed a sort of eye catching batch file in his root directory lol even edit his php to actually opne the batch file lol now that would have been kick-butt. remember this, if someone out smarts you, you have the CHOICE to outsmart them back =)
    Yes..i do wear a grey hat... and don't plan on changing to white or black..

Nice rant! I could feel the pain in the beginning of it then pure happiness at the end when you smashed his ass. That's what I love to hear. haha. Seriously though, awesome rant. I've had similar things happen. I hate when someone posts all over for some program or something to be cracked and when you find it they can't even post a simple thanks. Thats why sometimes I like to just mess with people or ask them questions to see if they'll respond before helping them. Have anymore stories?

Thumbs up heh

After reading these threads I am thankful my parents taught me manners I think on the whole tho: there will come a time when we're all judged on our actions or lack of action. Then these fools will know how important it is to consider the feelings of others and respect the effort people put in when they offer help. This said: I would like to thank you again personally for the support I have received and also on behalf of the ignorant barstuds that DIDN'T thank you May the fleas of a thousand camel's armpits infest their peripherals for eternity!
    Last edited by Magoo; 10-23-2008 at 03:41 AM. Reason: I messed up a smiley :) lol

+ Reply to Thread