power admin
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need encryption program. s***estions?

need encryption program. s***estions?

Hello all, I need some help and I'm not really sure what to look for. Ok here is what I am wanting to do.

My girl is a karaoke Dj, and we lend out our equipment to the other Dj's that work for us. All the music files that we use are on a portable hard drive and we use a program that opens then through winamp. What we need is a way to encrypt the hard drive but will automatically open them without a password on the two laptops that we use. Then when the hard drives are hooked up to a computer that isn't installed with the encryption program, wont open or be able to copy the files.
    Basically we want to make sure that the people that work for us can't cope the files that we have bought and use them to go off and start their own company.

I hope that I have explaned myself clearly if not please ask any questions that will help clear up what I need.

Thanks for any response.

Quote Originally Posted by ase6** View Post
    Hello all, I need some help and I'm not really sure what to look for. Ok here is what I am wanting to do.

My girl is a karaoke Dj, and we lend out our equipment to the other Dj's that work for us. All the music files that we use are on a portable hard drive and we use a program that opens then through winamp. What we need is a way to encrypt the hard drive but will automatically open them without a password on the two laptops that we use. Then when the hard drives are hooked up to a computer that isn't installed with the encryption program, wont open or be able to copy the files.
    Basically we want to make sure that the people that work for us can't cope the files that we have bought and use them to go off and start their own company.

I hope that I have explaned myself clearly if not please ask any questions that will help clear up what I need.

Thanks for any response.

Hi,

I would recommend you DriveCrypt , you can get all the info about it here [url]www.securstar.com[/url]

I am a user and I am very satisfied with this soft.

Another cool thing about this software is that it has a feature called Traveler Mode and I think it's exactly what you need. So, if you wish to open encrypted containers on computers different then the one where you originally installed DriveCrypt, you can do so using the Traveler Mode.

You can test DriveCrypt for *0 days, for free, you just need to download the trial version from [url]www.securstar.com[/url]

Good luck!

Lightbulb Try here

Try to post it here : yermy.com/forum
    They should help.

+ Reply to Thread