This is my first post to your group, and really hate to ask for help on my first post...but i am getting frusterated. I'm not looking to break any laws, or cheat anyone out of their hard work, I only want what is fair.
I'm sorry my problem isn't regarding actual network stuff, but i decided to post here because of the type of forum this was...respectful, intelligent group!
In ***7 I purchased 2 programs from a vendor in Italy that specialized in programs for 2 stroke engine developement. I don't remember exactly what I paid but it was not cheap. The programs where DOS based, and were installed on my old 486...Ya, that's going back, isn't it. The programs were compatable with Windows *5, but i just left them on my old 486.
Last year, I copied the contents of my old 486 to my new computers hard drive, and into the *****ter it the old girl went. In the last few months I have gathered my old discs for those programs, and tried to make preparations to load them to my new P4 Win XP pro machine.
My problem is that these programs are protected with an install code that the vendor provides, and he will not answer my e-mails.
I've sent several e-mails, and have not been able to get a response.
I posted my problem to a 2 stroke engine forum that I frequent, and found that this vendor is also giving others the run around also.
What I'm asking for today, is for advice, help, tips, anything that could help me install my old programs onto my new machine.
I will include several more posts in this thread to explain my position further.
Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Pipe