nagios
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creating a BotNet

Creating a BotNet

Hello all!

A month ago this website I use was down for a few days. The owner contacted us saying they were "DDoSed". I knew nothing about the term so I googled it and read, and read and read and read. I became very interested and wanted to try "DoSing" someone myself, knowing one person can't do anything I figured 'hey, what's the harm?' So I downloaded a port scanner, and udp/syn/http flooder. I was very sure one person can't do anything to a website without a botnet or a group of people DoSing at the same time, but I was interested nonetheless. I figured I wouldn't be able to down a website but maybe bring a friend offline - I told him what I was going to do and he gave me his IP and I took a shot at it, failed. I knew I needed more people. That was the end of it for me, I forgot all about this and moved on with my life.

On monday, I was minding my own business on IRC and someone spoke of DoSing and I told him everything I knew because the guy was clueless lol, he had spoken of which port to attack with his SYN flooder to down a website and I told him it was wasting his time without a botnet. He obviously replied "HOW CAN I BOTNET LOL!" I told him a botnet was out of reach for him (I am sure they have to be created, not downloaded). So 20 minutes later someone I know and don't really like messaged me saying "botnets are possible faggot" and boom, I was offline. I netstat'd and I had a bunch of incoming SYN requests. I was being SYN flooded. So I got offline for a few hours. I was angrier than I'd ever been. I told some friends and they linked me this:

http://partyvan.info/index.php/Botnet

I did EVERYTHING that guide asked, and at the VERY end. TsunamiOverHost.exe wouldn't work. Scratch what I said earlier about being the angriest, NOW I was angry.

I seen a year+ old post on here where someone had a guide to a botnet with a bunch of dead links, so I decided to make my own thread.

I am interested in creating a Botnet. I need some help, I am not lazy and I'm willing to be patient, learn, and read. I will look myself if you provide me with a name of a program or something that will help me. I will work as hard as I can, I NEED to do this.

And before I start over on creating a botnet, is there anyway to carry on with what I've done? All I'm missing is TsunamiOverHost and it's like NOWHERE on the internet besides that website.

I am willing to paypal someone a few dollars if they'd like, for helping me of course.

I hope I put this in the right forum >.<

Thank you all, for helping a fellow human out ^.^

Where are you hosting off of? If you are using a free host to run TsunamiOverhost, it's most likely not gonna work. Free hosts disable many of the functions needed for it to work, like fsockopen(). Also, a widespread botnet tool like TsunamiOverhost can probably be detected by the webserver and your account will be terminated. This is evident even more so on a paid host.

If I were you, I'd either use RFI to get on another site's server and go from there, or install WAMP on your own PC and run it off of there.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Well, let me show you what I get when I try and open it TsunamiOverHost.exe

[IMG]http://img*56.imageshack.us/img*56/*557/2***6246*7252kv8.png[/IMG]

Also, the host I am using is drivehq, and I am having problems giving "777" permission Update.txt to begin with lol..

DriveHQ is like the only free host that supports ftp ><
    Last edited by x1mpr0x; 03-28-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Like I said, you have two choices really. A free host won't work for a botnet **% of the time.

You can either host off your own PC using WAMP, or you can try to hack into a server and use it for yourself.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Can you please elaborate a little bit? I'd LOVE to do that. Because DriveHQ is sorta pissing me off, not letting me edit this. I notice you said you used TsunamiOverHost in another thread, I let out a sigh in relief lol.. Do you use WAMP for your Tsunami? Also, looking for WAMP now, will it require me to use an FTP client to connect to it? Like flashfxp, filezilla, etc.

On top of that, how can I solve my TsunamiOverHost.exe problem?
    Last edited by x1mpr0x; 03-28-2008 at 07:55 PM.

WAMP is just a collection of Apache webserver, PHP, and MySQL in one. It lets you easily start up a webserver on your computer. Find more details here.

[url]http://www.wampserver.com/en/[/url]

And no, WAMP will be running on your own computer, so you don't need FTP, lol.

I am the admin of my computer, why do I get that message when I open up Tsunami? You think my copy may be corrupt?

What message are you getting? Can you post a screenshot?

[url]http://img*56.imageshack.us/img*56/*557/2***6246*7252kv8.png[/url]

does that link work for ya? I tried [IMG] tagging like I usually do but they were thrown off, dunno why.

Update: Yeah if I try to open TsunamiOverHost.exe or any DoS tool that I got from this ([url]http://rapidshare.com/files/5*88**6*/**_DDoS_Tools_by_-_Player_-.rar[/url]) I get:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

I can't copy it either I get this:

Cannot copy: filename

Make sure the file isn't write protected or in use etc etc

I know it isn't in use.. and I can edit it's name so idk about write protected.. Can you help me with this? I'd really appreciate it.

I am administrator btw, I tried right clicking and selecting "run as" and going on administrator. I disabled all antiviruses/firewalls as well. Not helping.
    Last edited by x1mpr0x; 03-29-2008 at 12:59 AM.

Well, I can't think of anything specific to help you, so let's just do a little checklist to make sure any obvious reasons are out of the way.

Do you have the latest version of the .NET Framework? Is the .exe file in the same directory as the other files?

I've tried running the exe from different folders, from C:\ directly, and from the .rar it's in. Same message lol.. I basically can't run any file that has this icon:

[IMG]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5**5/exeicontu*.png[/IMG]

I am using .NET Framework 2.0

It looks like the standard warning when a security app disables an exe. Some free security apps are difficult to disable totally. Try booting in safe mode and go from there.

Alright bro, I'll try that now then. Thanks.

Okay, they worked in safe mode

It's most likely my antivirus, I'm using AVG Free Edition 7.5, what do you recommend I do?

Uninstall AVG. If it still continues to operate even after you disable it, that's pretty much the company telling you that they think they know more about your security needs than you do. I'd trash such a program.

As far as antivirus goes, you shouldn't need it if you have some common sense, but if you are suspicious of a file, just scan it online with VirusTotal.

Closed Thread