cacti
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello, Im new here

Hello, Im new here

Hey all. I am new to this forum. I have read through pretty much everything and nothing makes sense to me. I am very interested in the "hacking" world. Mainly and honestly because I am nosey. Which brings me to the reason I am here and asking for help. I have seen the 500 different posts about how to get into myspace. None of them really made a whole lot of sense to me so I am going to ask very "moronic" questions I am sure and I am sorry for being illiterate when it comes to these things, but I assure you, I will be ever so grateful and I will explain why after I ask my questions.

I have the email used to sign into myspace however the password that I did have for it has been changed. I also had the password to the email address that was used to sign into myspace but that too has been changed.

At the time that the password was what I knew, there were messages between my husband and another woman in his mailbox. He gave me the passwords when I questioned him. He didn't think that I would actually use them. I did though because he wasn't acting like himself and he was very secretive. I called him out on the messages and he swore up and down that it would never happen again and so on. Well, he is back to his ways of acting strange to the point where he is jumpy and wont even check his myspace when I am in the room. If he is on it, he closes out the screen the second I come in the room.

He has his own laptop and I know that he checks his history and can tell if something is changed on it. I used it one day when my computer was acting up and he had a fit so I am very leary of using it whatsoever. Like I said tho, I have his signin email and his computer is on the same network as mine.

Any help that any of you would be able to give me would be greatly appreciated. I need to get to the bottom of this issue sooner than later. I need to know if my marriage is worth saving or not. I recently got a promotion that will be taking me all over the country and I need to know if he is being honest with me and I can trust him or if I should just give him the boot.

Please dont flame me. If you cant help, please just tell me you cant. It would be much appreciated. Im torn up inside about all of this and just need some help.

Thanks so much in advance.

Blu

If you have access to his computer, a keylogger may be an effective solution. This would record any keystrokes made, and it is usually (depending on the user and actions taken) fairly simple to tell which keystrokes (in this case, username and password) go to which site.

He has his own laptop and I know that he checks his history and can tell if something is changed on it.
    In most cases, you would need to get on the internet to download a keylogger. I have no clue of your husband's abilities when coming to computer skills, but if looking at history is all that he would notice different, then you might try some or all of the following (my example is with IE, but this should be similar for most browsers):

*) History>Show in Sidebar(if not already there)
    Then proceed to right-clicking and deleting. This should get rid of select History events.
    2) This may differ between browsers, but for IE6 I believe you go to Tools>Internet Options...>
    Then under the Temporary Internet Files Sub-section, you may want to delete cookies and files (this may depend on your husband's ability to notice if cookies/files are missing, or if there are cookies/files that weren't there before).

There are many ways to find a username/password, and this is just one of them. If you find or hear of another way, you might find that way easier or better - just know that there are many solutions out there.

A keylogger is a good way, I recommend Spytector.com, it is the most stealthiest one, in my opinion.
    If you have access, and the passwords are stored, here is a video for you.
    [url]http://snipurl.com/257ve[/url] [irongeek_com]

+ Reply to Thread