Hello all,

I am indeed what you call, a noob. It's a little embarrassing, but we all have to start somewhere.

I was playing a game on Pogo recently and conversing with a few other users in the chat area. One user, who may or may not have been upset about a comment I made about his face, decided he was going to be the big man on the virtual campus and "threaten" me with his knowledge of the internet. He, let's call him Bob, asked me and another user to check our emails, then restart our computers. I did not, the other user who was physically sitting next to me did, just to see what would happen (his computer is a POS and worth scrapping). When my friend logged back into Pogo, Bob declared that he now owned that computer and yelled at me for not restarting mine. Bob knew what OS I was running and knew that my friend had restarted his computer and I had not. I'd like to know how he did that. We have no personal information posted and didn't click on any links or have any direct connection with him. Just in the same chat/game room. I've been told that information is relatively easy to acquire, and is obviously not damning, but how did he do it??

Additional information: We were attached to a public wireless network at a hotel, I use a Mac OS X (I think that offends some people here and I'm sorry...but really I'm not) and my friend was using XP.

Bob was subsequently abused beyond belief by...someone...and has since not returned to Pogo, at least under that username.