hobbit monitor
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this possible with a InvisionFree Forum?

Is this possible with a InvisionFree Forum?

I am an admin on an invisionfree forum. You know like a s*.invisionfree.com/whateverhere. I want to know if it is possible to somehow gather all of the passwords that your members use. Like a hack or whatever that will allow me to know there passwords, without them knowing.

Thanks if you do know and can help me.

Virtuallu any computer is "hackable", so to say. The complexity of the task depends on the computer and the resources your adversary can allocate to this job. Nothing is *00% secure, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Billahz View Post
    I am an admin on an invisionfree forum. You know like a s*.invisionfree.com/whateverhere. I want to know if it is possible to somehow gather all of the passwords that your members use. Like a hack or whatever that will allow me to know there passwords, without them knowing.

Thanks if you do know and can help me.
    The "allow me" part of your quote makes it sound like you want to backdoor your own forum and steal your members' passwords. I hope that's not what you're thinking.

Anyways, the Invisionfree DNS servers were hacked a while ago, but I've never heard of anyone being able to access the forum DBs on their servers. But I have to agree with MrByte, it 'could' be hacked, it just depends on many factors including how much security they have and how hard you're willing to work to hack it.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

+ Reply to Thread