network monitoring
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help breaking encryption.

Arrow Need help breaking encryption.

Ok, There are some files for a game that are encrypted. I just need to break the encryption on them so i can edit them. I believe the encryption is only a 2-4 digit encryption[They are using their custom encryption method]. But most likely i am guessing that they have put a password on the file so nobody can open them without the password.

They are .mrs files [i have the decompiler], and those only contain some XML files that i need to edit. But the MRS files are encrypted, i need to break the encryption.

I don't really have an idea on how to do it, i cant see if a brute would work. All i need to do is break it so i am able to edit the file.

Any help?
    WAFFLES?!?!? OMFG WHERE?!!?

Hacking GunZ? You should Google up 'MRS unpacker'. Try searching forums like GamerzPlanet or MPC Forum for tutorials.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbat View Post
    Hacking GunZ? You should Google up 'MRS unpacker'. Try searching forums like GamerzPlanet or MPC Forum for tutorials.
    yeah, GunZ.

I have the unpacker. But it wont unpack untill you put in the password...the files are encrypted >.< GAH!-- No more custom items.
    WAFFLES?!?!? OMFG WHERE?!!?

+ Reply to Thread