file access
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need static & my ISP is ripping me off for it! need alternative plss???

I need static & my ISP is ripping me off for it! need alternative plss???

@MODS_Friends
    I am using a ISP which is a monopoly service provider and i have no option but to use it! my problem is i have some websites where i have some subscriptions and they have noted the ip address (assigned automatically by the ISP) when i logged in the first time and assign that IP address to my username! now this ISP provider has a dynamic IP's for small time user and since a few days my IP addreses have been changing randomly and when iam trying to access this subscribed webpages they are not allowing me to access it and give me an error "Wrong IP. Please relogin" and have blocked my account!

so please help me come over this problem of my IP address changing (86.*6.227.87 & 86.*6.227.8 ) and help me in maintaining a single IP address!
    i approached the ISP provider to provide me with a static IP address but they are ripping me off! so hve turned to experts for some advice!
    WBR
    ReyTech.

Yeah, those darn isp's want extra ***** for a static ip address. There is no way that I know of for free.
    Last edited by gordo; 08-03-2008 at 08:44 PM.

I always like how my IP changed... hmm, um no way you can tell the website of your situation?

@gordo
    Thanks for the info, but i wanted to know if i change the ip address in the router settings will it make a difference? all i want is the IP address not to change? as in *months i ahev 6 different ip's! if i use a proxy server will i be able to get a static ip? pls inform? and also give me references for a good reliable proxy server!
    WBR
    ReyTech.

Changing the router will not change your external. You can get a static ip address but it costs extra.
    One thing you could look into is JAP. That may be what you need. [url]http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html[/url]
    The ip address may be static

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    One thing you could look into is JAP. That may be what you need. [url]http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html[/url]
    Or find a public proxy server and connect to those Web sites through it. That way, you'll always appear to have the IP address of the proxy server.

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    Changing the router will not change your external. You can get a static ip address but it costs extra.
    @gordo and MR.byte
    Thanks for your replies! @gordo the link sent to me is blocked and mr.byte its not about connecting to the websites! its about accessing the support areas of mobile phone softwares support areas thru the dongles connected to the system and the softwares have an option (called support) right in the software which when i press support it opens a new page and connects directly to the support server which displays my IP address and then i can use the support area! so iam wondering if i use a public proxy server and when click on the support button on the software will it display the Static Ip address? or it will display mine itslef? pls clarify as iam not an expert in IT!
    WBR
    ReyTech.

When you say "it opens a new page", where exactly is the page opened? In the browser window? If yes, and if you configure the browser to use a proxy server, then it's not a problem, as the browser will use the proxy server to connect to *any* Web site. Now, if the program in question has some sort of built-in browser that ignores the system-wide proxy configuration, you can still dupe it by using a "proxifier", [url]http://www.all-nettools.com/privacy-anonymity-24/proxifier-4042*.htm[/url] . This (or similar) program will "force" any application to connect through the proxy server you specified.

Quote Originally Posted by MrByte View Post
    When you say "it opens a new page", where exactly is the page opened? In the browser window? If yes, and if you configure the browser to use a proxy server, then it's not a problem, as the browser will use the proxy server to connect to *any* Web site. Now, if the program in question has some sort of built-in browser that ignores the system-wide proxy configuration, you can still dupe it by using a "proxifier", [url]http://www.all-nettools.com/privacy-anonymity-24/proxifier-4042*.htm[/url] . This (or similar) program will "force" any application to connect through the proxy server you specified.
    @MrByte
    Thanks for replying, well it does open a new page but in the browser itself (which ever is default firefox or IE 7) and not in any inbuilt browser! so according to you info, if i use a private proxy like the ones providing proxy service for a nominal fee then i should be able to open the page which is gonna have a static IP! right? as it connects to the page using the proxy server! and unfortunately i couldn't get a look of the proxifier as it too is being blocked by our ISP! i shall follow your advice and let u know what happens!thanks
    WBR
    ReyTech.

Quote Originally Posted by reytech View Post
    if i use a private proxy like the ones providing proxy service for a nominal fee then i should be able to open the page which is gonna have a static IP! right? as it connects to the page using the proxy server!
    That's correct. And there are free, open proxy servers, you don't necessarily have to pay. Just use Google, look for a "proxy list".

+ Reply to Thread