xymon
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting Nowhere

Unhappy Getting Nowhere

I've been reading a lot of threads and I have a lot of respect for you guys. I have been really unsure if I should ask anything because I'm afraid of what might happen. I've had enough though and I'm taking a chance.

I've tried teaching myself but I'm getting nowhere. I used to have Windows and Linux which I learned to do a few things on, but now I have a Mac and I'm a little confused. I'll hear of some program that sounds good but when I go to it it's an exe file. I'm finding it difficult to learn anything with a Mac.

I've been trying to find out if someone is being honest or not. I don't want to harass them, or be childish to them - I just want to know if they are who they say they are. I feel like I was taken advantage of at a very vulnerable time in my life. They said a lot of things and I feel like they're lying to me. I believe they are only keeping in contact because they probably feel guilty for leading me on. They won't admit it to me and normally I wouldn't care but I did put a lot of effort into us. I feel like they know everything about me and they've been very secretive. I gave and they took. I think this person does this to other people too.

I know some will say "Grow up!! They don't want you to know who they are and they obviously don't like you." But, if you knew everything about what went on, and what they are saying to me now, you would understand. I'm not a woman scorned. I don't want to do anything bad. I just want to know so I can let it go. It's been really affecting my health. I hate being strung along having someone think I'm stupid and trying to humour me.

I realise there isn't much I can do. I'm going out on a limb here by being honest because I really need someone's help. I've tried asking before and I've gotten nowhere.

For your purposes, Mac is trash. Using Linux would be like using a gun on a cockroach. Windows is good enough.

You could try installing some spy software like SpyTector or ProRat. Other than that, I can't see any way of actually 'hacking' into that person.

If you have no way of getting access to the person's computer, you'll be stuck hiring some PI to get the dirt on that person.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Thanks Moonbat,

The only way I could use Windows is by using PC Emulator and it's soooo slow. I can't even get Linux on here, maybe it can't be used on a Mac? Apologies for being thick.

I have tried talking to a Private Investigator but they have barely responded. All they mentioned was putting a cookie in a email to them. I think they need proper legal reasons like: needing to find someone to take them to court. They also implied that the information would be supplied to the ISP (to trace whose account it is) and is not for the general public.

The person is really paranoid with the internet. A few years back they were using a router, a firewall, and had a antivirus program on their computer. I don't know if they have all that or more now. Should I try installing one of the softwares you mentioned?
    Last edited by kelly; 08-03-2008 at 03:00 PM.

If you are serious, don't install free spyware. You have to usually buy the undetected version of the software. Otherwise the person will find out and get suspicious.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Does it matter how good my computer is? My internet connection is probably bad too - its never been right at this house. I am serious but I guess it depends on how much it costs because I am poor, lol.
    Last edited by kelly; 08-03-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: I can't spell properly

As long as you aren't using dial-up, you should be fine.

I've read somewhere that the second software, you mentioned, is pretty traceable unless you use a hide my ip address program. Is that true?

Do you want revenge or answers?

Revenge, that is simple really. Get their IP. I know a few websites where you post an IP and the person is done for...

Answers is harder. Best thing to do would be to invest in some prescription strength spy software and hope they take the bait. I know a free keylogger that is beautiful, so long as you have direct contact with this person's PC. Got a USB I have set up to install a neat little keylogger and it reports back to you whenever it is safe to do so. If you are interested in doing that than lemme know and I can hook you up with the right stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    I've read somewhere that the second software, you mentioned, is pretty traceable unless you use a hide my ip address program. Is that true?
    Pro-rat is a trojan horse and is more visible because there is a direct connection between the comps. Monitoring the ports/connections will reveal it.
    Spytector just very briefly emails and/or uploads the logs by ftp through the default browser. It does not show up in task manager or a hijack this log. As Moonbat posted, the free stuff will get caught by virus scanners.

Cool

For some reson i feel you're not the usual noob trying to fool us with bull. I can try to help you out. Contact me in private and i'll help you out if i can.
    However for obvious reasons,none of us will post our real email adress in the public.
    Noz

Wahtzz up Crew
    jabber: gh05t*d@jabb*r.org Email: gh05t*d@hack.cl

Internet security is as real as your Dreams !

Quote Originally Posted by nozf*r4tu View Post
    For some reson i feel you're not the usual noob trying to fool us with bull. I can try to help you out. Contact me in private and i'll help you out if i can.
    However for obvious reasons,none of us will post our real email adress in the public.
    Noz

Wahtzz up Crew
    I can see it now:

noz - Tech-savvy P.I. (Fo' da cheep!)

Talking

Hi Seed,

I definitely want answers, not revenge. I don't have access to their computer which is why I don't even know if they are who they say they are. I did get their IP but I don't know if it's really theirs or the random one ISPs send out. Thanks for replying and trying to help.

gordo,

Thanks for answering my question. I think I understood what you were saying - I'm still learning some of the jargon.

nozf*r4tu,

That is really kind of you and I would love for you to help because I feel in over my head. However, I am very cautious because I know when some people have asked for help, on other forums, it has gone against them. I kind of understand why though. Some people go on a forum barely reading any of the threads and then ask someone to email them for answers, or ask them to do it for them without knowing any of them. It's disrespectful and lazy of them to do so. I wish you could help me.

Thank you everyone

+ Reply to Thread