network monitoring
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Chrome

sharma678 Guest
    I have both Chrome and Firefox installed on my computer. Chrome is nice and fast, and will probably be great one day, but for now it's not mature enough for me to use as my main browser. I also rely on all the plugins available for Firefox.
    You might also want to consider Opera. It's a very fast, secure and mature browser. I would use it as my primary one except for the lack of certain plugins.

cookies9 Guest
    I just downloaded it *0 minutes ago--and I can assure you that I noticed its noticabely faster then my Fire Fox * browser. Sources from Wikipeida also claim it as well--possibly even surpassing Safari Browser's speed.

As for IE.. I really hate that browser. Its by far one of the slowest browsers currently and it crashes often from my experience for using it for more than *0 years. When Fire Fox came out, I really felt like I was saved.

Fire Fox will still be my main, but Google Chrome is really starting to grow on me already.

Chrome is only in its beta stages and looks pretty simplistic right now--since it just came out. While it is simplistic though, its still quite efficient. I really like how Google Chrome's tab layout. Its much easier to move around the tabs as well. Not to mention--if you have FireFox already--it will give you a notice that it will save all your book marks from FF as well as any saved passwords.

So.. So far, I think its pretty cool! . I can't wait for *rd party devs to make applications for it though!
    ===========
    Last edited by gordo; 04-16-2010 at 06:06 AM.

reka Guest
    In slightly more than a year, Google Chrome has surprised users and critics alike by leapfrogging to more than 4 percent of the browser market share. That attention and heavy usage is not undeserved. Chrome 4 is blazingly fast, more stable than previous versions, and introduces support for extensions, bookmark syncing, and some HTML5 innovations.

Based on Webkit, the same open-source engine that powers Apple Safari, Google's Android mobile platform, and several other Web-browsing tools, but with a different JavaScript engine, Chrome's interface is a drastic departure from other browsers. Instead of the traditional toolbar, Chrome puts its tabs on top. Moreover, the tabs are detachable: "tabs" and "windows" are interchangeable here. Detached tabs can be dragged and dropped into the browser, and tabs can be rearranged at any time. By isolating each tab's processes, when one site crashes, the other tabs do not.
    ]
    Last edited by gordo; 04-19-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Closed Thread