ganglia
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible to create patch that counters game hacks?

Possible to create patch that counters game hacks?

Got a problem so i thought i would take it to the experts.

Well i know this is an unusual question, but me and my friends play a game named Age of empires 2 expansion (you must remember it). However i have discovered that some ratbag made some kind of hack patch for it, enabling them to delete enemy units in multiplayer games. I found it can be downloaded here [url]http://www.agerage.net[/url].

All the people that created the hack will have moved on, its just *2 year olds wrecking the games after downloading it now, im pretty sure the hack will never be updated.

Is there a possibility of recognising who has it installed, or of countering it some other way.

Please respond

Josh
    Last edited by joshscrine; 09-29-2008 at 01:53 AM.

I am neither familiar with this game nor this patch.

But, I guess if the people who made it have moved on, you could try asking them to make a patch to find out who is using it and who is not. They just might take your request. But game hacking isn't a strength of mine (I've done nothing more than edit local files for Flash games and use Cheat Engine).
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Im worried that it may be an impossible task, do you know iff games scan eachovers directory when they connect?

I don't think games nowadays do, but something in the Empires game must be allowing them to control your troops. There should be a way to check if others are using that 'something'.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

+ Reply to Thread