hobbit monitor
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wireshark newbie.

Unhappy Wireshark newbie.

Hi. I joined this site the other day and have found it an invaluable source of great information. Moonbat's tutorials are excellent and I have learned a great deal however: I downloaded Wireshark for my laptop which is running Vista. Everything was cool and as it should be until I downloaded the new pcap driver 4.0.2. Since I've installed this when I open Wireshark I get a message telling me that the NPF driver isn't running. I followed some instructions to check the netgroup packet filter in my hidden files but it's not there?! What have I done wrong and how can I sort it? Many kind regards to you all, Magoo.

Apologies.

Hi again. I've solved that problem by re-installing Wireshark. Not sure what stopped my NPF driver from running but I've got it sorted now. I must have been having a 'blonde' moment

Welcome to all-nettools. Glad you got it worked out. I agree that moonbat is impressive.

Hi! Me again!

Wasn't sure whether to open a new thread or not as the reason for this mail is so I can access some of the functionality of Wireshark. Decided to tag it on here, so: Apparently I need NVIDA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Driver but have, as yet, been unable to locate the file. I was wondering if anyone would be able to slide me a link or point me in the right direction? I'm running Vista. Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help, Magoo.

I'm sure you have done the obvious, [url]http://snipurl.com/487dq[/url]
    It looks like a common problem.

+ Reply to Thread