mrtg
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't trust proxies if...

Don't trust proxies if...

If you plan on doing anything illegal, don't ever use any web proxies. This is common knowledge, but why am I emphasizing it now? Behold, Exhibit A.

If you haven't heard about how the United States Republican Vice-Presidential nominee Sarah Palin had her Yahoo! email hacked, read about it at [*]

Now, according to [2] an Anonymous member with the handle "Rubico" used the proxy at [url]http://www.ctunnel.com/[/url] to mask his activities. But the owner of ctunnel.com, Gabriel Ramuglia, voluntarily offered the logs to the FBI containing the IP address of Rubico.

So, like I said. Don't trust web proxies. They will not cover you, because behind every proxy site is an owner who does not want to get arrested for obstruction of justice. Or even worse, an owner who is willing sacrifice the percieved anonimity of its users just to get one little quote published in an article.

Oh, if you were wondering, Rubico was discovered. He's a 20-year old named David Kernell in Tennessee. Turns out that when Kernell was posting his hack on the Web, he used the email address that was tied to all of his other less scrupulous activities. So, lesson #2, don't use your true email when doing something illegal.

Are people this stupid nowadays?

[*] - [url]http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,85**,*8420*7,00.html[/url]
    [2] - [url]http://www.tgdaily.com/html_tmp/content-view-**405-*08.html[/url]
    Last edited by Moonbat; 10-21-2008 at 10:24 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

yes people are that stupid. if your going to do something illegal then do yourself a favor, and cover your damn *****s! iv done so much shit that i could've gotten in so much trouble but iv always ben able to put it off on somebody else using my words, and alibi's. its not hard to cover your *****s, you just need to think of everything and take your time and be patient

minaadel1994 Guest

im ignorant?

Guys i wanna know how to hack (i dont like php by the way :P)
    all i can do is a batch that gives the pc some commands or some stuff that
    earase ur windows... or destroy ur pc.. , i also can do dos attacks (easy enough , just dunno how to get the ip of the person i wanna attack)
    i wanna do a real hack...like going on someone's pc and actualy type sumething in his notepad

lol well goodluck with that, haha hey m00nbat we should create a "hack button" lol something along the lines of "Please Push To Hack" haha why do people think its just that easy??
    Yes..i do wear a grey hat... and don't plan on changing to white or black..

Quote Originally Posted by teknicalissue View Post
    lol well goodluck with that, haha hey m00nbat we should create a "hack button" lol something along the lines of "Please Push To Hack" haha why do people think its just that easy??
    Because they watch movies like Swordfish and The Matrix.
    (that's right, I'm blaming TV and movies, just like the media! )
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Because they watch movies like Swordfish and The Matrix.
    (that's right, I'm blaming TV and movies, just like the media! )
    You mean a hacker can't break into the dept of defense in 60 seconds while some babe .....?

hahaha without out planning it out.. i bet thats what hes going for =P
    Yes..i do wear a grey hat... and don't plan on changing to white or black..

If

I used proxies but some sides not every time.

@moonbat, thanks for the information. But I really wanna learn how to hack a system. I used to learn a few years back. remember then, they advised to use proxies on all sites. ur info contradicts

In addition to what Ive done, acquiring a vpn network have enabled me bypass all the proxies available for various country sires.

cover your *****s if you are doing something illegal. Thats a good saying. I do not thrust these proxy sites . they can decide to sell your information to a third party ie if you are popular and your data cost a fortune.

thanks for the information.. I simply use vpn for all my security and privacy settings. It gives me rest of mind that all my data and information are safe from the hackers and fraudsters.

Quote Originally Posted by mat* View Post
    In addition to what Ive done, acquiring a vpn network have enabled me bypass all the proxies available for various country sires.
    [url=http://www.piratecorgi.com/]lion grills[/url]
    [url=http://www.top*00songscharts.com/]new country songs 20*6[/url]
    [url=http://www.babystrollerpoint.com/]best strollers[/url]
    How to get the VPN? I need to buy some VPNs.
    Last edited by Farmay; 07-12-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmay View Post
    How to get the VPN? I need to buy some VPNs.
    Go to google search, type in "free VPN". I use a paid for VPN, HMA! pro.
    One thing to keep in mind is that although a VPN is encrypted, whoever is hosting/operating the vpn can still read your traffic.

Ignorant too!

Quote Originally Posted by minaadel***4 View Post
    Guys i wanna know how to hack (i dont like php by the way :P)
    all i can do is a batch that gives the pc some commands or some stuff that
    earase ur windows... or destroy ur pc.. , i also can do dos attacks (easy enough , just dunno how to get the ip of the person i wanna attack)
    i wanna do a real hack...like going on someone's pc and actualy type sumething in his notepad
    I'd like to learn it too but seems to hard for me to start. I should know what's my purpose and whose account am I going to hack. All I know was about connections and VPN's. Other things than that is not my forte but I still want to learn.

+ Reply to Thread