monitoring
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: has spytector ever been detected by AV?

has spytector ever been detected by AV?

many people here seem to recommend it so I'm just wondering if it has ever been detected by AV or what's the longest time it has gone without being detected? I tried their joiner once and it got detected after about * week.
    However they did send me a replacement update since it was within the service period.

So, I'm just wondering if there logger gets detected as quickly or not.

Thanks

It depends on a few different things. Not everyone gets the same build. If you try to mass spread it, it won't take long. Or if someone else with the same build mass spreads it, it won't take long. It also may get detected by Kaspersky, for instance, but not by Norton. So it would depend upon what virus scanner is being used.
    Also, when anyone tries to spread their malware at this site, I scan it at virustotal. If ther is one detection, even a suspicious file, that detection is shared with all the other vendors. After a week, thier malware is no good.
    Last edited by gordo; 01-31-2009 at 07:48 PM.

thanks for your reply,

no it's not for mass spreading, it's for personal use on a relatives computer.

I'm having so much difficulty finding a logger that will be undetected. I'm starting to think that an undetected logger doesn't exist.

It doesn't exist. All can be detected one way or another. As far as I know Kaspersky's internet security pro-active defense will detect any keylogger/trojan horse that autostarts/autoruns.
    Spytector does pass most virus scans, and is the stealthiest I have seen. It doesn't show up in a hijack this log or in task manager.

Hello

i just downloaded th latest trial version of Spytector keylogger, I al ready install it and confgured my server. I used the default options I only changed the email settings. But when I click on Build Server I get an error message saying "An error ocurred it seems the server cannot be created"

Im running OS vista.

When you use the trial version of a keylogger, the virus scanner will usually disable it. Try turning off security software while you test.

+ Reply to Thread