xymon
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ConFicker: what do you think?

ConFicker: what do you think?

soo... what do you think of conficker my girlfriends parents believe everything the news says and she called me crying because they yelled at her for going online because they think that some russian kid is going to steal their **** info lol.

i told her that this thing has been around for awhile and she is safe but her rents won't listen they trust in what the company that creates norton says haha. i talked to her dad and he was telling me that its going to strike him and i told him to listen to the words that come ut of my mouth and he still wants to believe all the television hype..

anyway what do you think?? i personal think we are all perfectly fine because of various reason. for example the norton creators say that they have been *****ing this worm since last year and the watch it well call me stupid but if they watch its every move why haven't they been able to stop it i mean lets face it computers and programs are stupid they only are good for what the programmer tell them to do so if someone can create this worm then someone can stop it. i myself am still in college for programming so i know i cannot beat this thing but i know someone or a team of people can..

before i go on any further about why i think that this worm is stupid and isnt going to do wanything please telll me what you guys know about this conficker worm.

it's supposed to be a botnet system that is supposedily going to receive instructions on april *st and it grows daily to beat anti-virus software

how the hel do companies know what the worm is set to do if they can't do anything with it??

I FIGHT FOR THE ONES WHO CAN'T FIGHT AND IF I LOOSE THEN ATLEST I TRIED

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conficker[/url]
    Looks like a well coded worm. Down at the bottom of this link the symptoms of infection and removal info are listed.

it also says that it can be removed by an on demand scan from AVG and mcafee luckily for me i use AVG but if they can remove it then it can be beaten it is a matter of thinking about what it could do and stopping it from doing so. i think that symantec and other companies allow this conficker to exist so that they can make *****.

i just don't believe that it is as bad as people make it seem i mean if various companies know so much about it like how it works and when it should receive instructions, they shopuld be able to put an end to it and find where it came from if they WANTED to wanted is the key word.

chances are they are waiting for it to totally destroy the internet as they say and then if they weren't the one who made it they will stop it so that they may claim the glory of killing this worm.

Inded, those security companies feed off of consumers fears. They WANT your parents to buy their product because the are of afraid of that worm. There is always a solution for the problem, whatever the problem is.

what people don't seem to understand it just what you said their is always a solution to a problem and also they don't realize that worms trojans viruses have been around ever since the internet was created no matter what we do someone will find a way to get around our precautions and we will find a way to shut them down its life with any action their is an oppisite yet equal reaction

I doubt that Conflicker is some sort of doomsday program. There have always been famous malware programs, and there will continue to be famous malware programs. In a year or two at the most, nobody will care about Conflicker anymore. That's my opinion.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

i agree moonbat i sure would love that reward for finding the person(s) who started it that would be a nice pay check hah!

April *st has past and it looks like conflicker was a bust.

woot! we have survived lol

+ Reply to Thread