network monitoring
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Encryption is important

mbravo Guest

Encryption is important

Is it that noone is interested in encryption today, has it been completely understood by the public, or is everyone too scared of shadowy figures wielding encryption to blow up your favorite office dustbin to discuss it?

I would like to encourage ongoing discussions in this forum.

PUMA Guest

Cool Well,

Is there anything better than PGP Corporation software? And how hard is it to brake into something that is encrypted with 256 K?

hi,

Is it that noone is interested in encryption today, has it been completely understood by the public, or is everyone too scared of shadowy figures wielding encryption to blow up your favorite office dustbin to discuss it?
    This forum had gone very much out of shape after the mods stopped showing up. People will get interested in encryption-a few more buildings need to go Joking.

Is there anything better than PGP Corporation software? And how hard is it to brake into something that is encrypted with 256 K?
    Better than Pgp-could be but u cant ensure its back door free unless you trust them.

ANy key length above 2^*00 for symmetric keys is considered good.

So a 256 symmetric key will be good.

If you are using a public key encryption algorithm like RSA it is s***ested that you use atleast a 5*2 bit key,preferably *024 bit key.

I would like to know if any one has a reference to the paper on the *design criteria* of md5 by ron rivest.

Regards Data.
    Last edited by DATA; 07-10-2003 at 03:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread