munin
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anonymous surfing and e-mail

Unregistered Guest

Anonymous surfing and e-mail

Hello
    I found something called Steganos Internet Privacy and it's for surfing but does it work when you send e-mail too? I mean if I don't use a Privacy program like Steganos then my ip adress will show and they can find what computer I'm on. I guess that's showing in the e-mail headers as well. But when Steganos use various proxy servers (something they called roulette), will that change anything in the e-mail headers?

mbravo Guest

Re: Anonymous surfing and e-mail

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Hello
    I found something called Steganos Internet Privacy and it's for surfing but does it work when you send e-mail too? I mean if I don't use a Privacy program like Steganos then my ip adress will show and they can find what computer I'm on. I guess that's showing in the e-mail headers as well. But when Steganos use various proxy servers (something they called roulette), will that change anything in the e-mail headers?
    Most probably, if the Steganos program doesn't specifically provide anonymizing services for email (and that would require not only a client-side program, but a sizable infrastructure in place), then it will not help you in sending anonymous or otherwise protected emails.

Read up on mail anonymizers, check out the tool we have on this website, check out HushMail, possibly other services.

+ Reply to Thread