file auditing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Choosing whats best for me?

Choosing whats best for me?

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum, and would like to ask I question that I have been searching answers for the past hour or so. I'm trying to decide on what programming language I should begin to learn. I want to learn something thats going to aid me in creating websites for the future and creating code to make a program run on your computer like any other. So basically heres what I'm looking for:

-Language that will aid in websites.
    -Language that is needed to create programs.
    -Something that will help me earn profits.

Please, if you have any tips to share, please do. It will help me a lot and as I I want to start young and I already have a dedicated amount of time and plans for when I can/cannot learn.
    So far, the only type of programming or code that I have written is html, in the process of making templates but its a very easy language to learn and I need something that will help me with what I mentioned above. Thanks in advance.

[url=******-report.html]****** report[/url]
    [url=http://www.supercash*2*.com]pay advance[/url]

Web programming is where you'll want to start. HTML and PHP are the two languages you want to focus on. These are both essential to web design, which is a pretty good market to get into.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

I'm not going to get into much detail here but PHP can actually be used for Applications aswell. [url=]construction fact. You have Java as well for application development which the end-user must have JDK installed but that's the same with PHP. PHP you must have GTK installed on the end-users computer for it to function properly.

Chili5 recently made a blog post, I think maybe just an article he posted, that asks why use Java when you have PHP for Application. It was a good read but for Web Development, I would highly recommend PHP for server-side and MySQL for the database.
    Last edited by gordo; 08-20-2009 at 07:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread