power admin
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if i try to creat prorat server, it says my ip is local.. please look!

if i try to creat prorat server, it says my ip is local.. please look!

hey.. im having trouble with this for days.. first, the prorblem was that when i tested my server it said the info cant be delivered.. i used no-ip and fixed this problem but now, it says my ip is local.. and i cant receive any information unless its in my local community.. oh and i tried to portforward but i didnt know the external and internal ports so i couldnt portforward it ..

oh and just a question.. does portforwarding fix the not delivering error message and no-ip fix the local ip thing? or does no-ip fix the not delivering error and the portforwarding fix the local ip thing?

ps i use *.*se prorat and i use router

Here is a good site for you. [url]http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4748*&highlight=prorat+tutorial[/url]

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    Here is a good site for you. [url]http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4748*&highlight=prorat+tutorial[/url]

thanks for your reply but do i need to use no-ip and portforward too? oh and for no-ip for the host name, i wrote ssd0*04 and it appears ssd0*04.no-ip.biz and do i only write ssd0*04 or ssd0*04.no-ip.biz on the proconnective ip thing
    Last edited by sse9011; 08-10-2009 at 01:47 AM.

never mind about netdevil thing

hey gordo thanks a lot again for the prorat download site and tutorial site.. i did what it said and i entered the no-ip into the proconnective part wher it says ip(dns)adress..because that's what it said there and i tested it and it said the the message cannot be delievered.. as you know im using a router is that the problem?

Use no-ip when you have a dynamic ip address (one that changes). When you update through your no-ip client, it re-directs your servers to you.
    If you use a router, you need to forward the port(s). Use portforward.com to look up your router. Check your forwarded ports at canyouseeme.org with the client running.

gordo thanks but i have one more question

so i have to forward my ports but i dont know the external and internal ports of the prorat could you tell me what it is? and what ports i have to forward? thanks

The port is the same port that you entered into the settings when you made the server. Read the tutorial again. [url]http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4748*&highlight=prorat+tutorial[/url]

wow u gotta be kidding

ok.. gordo.. im really stressed.. oh and thank you again for every one of your answers.. and ignore the replies above..
    ok so i forwarded port 5**0 and i checked if it worked and the program said i portforwarded it correctly and that it was working.. but prorat still says the message cant be delievered even though i did what the tutorial said and i portforwarded my ip.
    And one more.. so the ip in the duc(no-ip) shows is 70.70.**.xx but, when i go to portforwarding page, it automatically starts with **2.*68.*.xxx so i cant really put the ip 70.70.**..in there so i portforwarded **2.*68.*.xxx(my real ip)
    i created no-ip server for 70.70.**.xx as the tutorial you showed me said ( it said just leave the ip as it is) but it still isnt working and im not sure which one is my real ip.. i think its the **2.*68 thing is because my computer said it was.. what part did i do wrong? should i have written **2.*68 ip in duc instead of 70.70?
    Last edited by sse9011; 08-10-2009 at 11:47 PM.

**2.*68.**** is your local ip address. That is entered into your router when you forward the port. The 70.70.*** is your external ip address. That is the one your isp gives you. The external ip address doesn't matter for port forwarding. When you open your no-ip client, it updates to your external ip address automatically. You did create a no-ip account with a name? For instance sse*0**.no-ip.info??? That is what you enter when you create your server. Then, when your server connects to sse*0**.no-ip.info it re-directs to your current external ip address.

yep

thANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER SO I DID IT CORRECT. I PORTFORWARDED MY REAL IP *68... AND I MADE NO-IP WITH MY EXTERNAL IP ADRESS 70.70....(and i wrote my no ip adress as you said in prorat ip(dns) server box..) SO I DID IT RIGHT BUT HOW COME when i test it it says the message cant be delivered even though i wrote my no-ip adress ssd0*04.no-ip.biz in to the box and i also portforwarded my ports? WOULD IT STILL WORK EVEN THOUGH THE MESSAGE CANT BE DELIVERED?oh and i portforwarded the port 5**0 is it the right port?(just checking) thanks gordo i would pay you if i like actaully met you!
    Last edited by sse9011; 08-11-2009 at 10:25 PM.

5**0 is the default port. A few things to try when testing...
    *.turn off security software virus scanner/firewall/windows defender/adaware etc
    2.test your open port at [url]http://www.canyouseeme.org/[/url]
    *. make sure your rat client is running when checking.

Thanks, Idon't need any pay, but you may donate to all-netools if you like.

hi gordo

so i tried what you said and the website said Error: I could not see your service on 70.70.**.xx on port (5**0)
    Reason: Connection timed out
    i turned on my no-ip and i turned prorat.when i checked it said the error.. oh and i visited the tutorial page you told me and i realized that the test doesnt have to say it should be working,, at the very bottom where the guy answers the questions.. so i will try if it works and if it doesnt,i will ask for your help again! thanks for your help!A lot!

PS! SO IN THE IP ADRESS BOX IN PRORAT, IF MY HOST NAME WAS sse*0**, do i write sse*0**.no-ip.biz in the box or just sse*0**?

sse*0**.no-ip.biz should be the correct one.
    If canyouseeme.org can't see your service, then the port forwarding is not working.
    From command prompt, type in ipconfig and hit enter. Under ip address you will see something like **2.*68.0.*0* or similar. That is the ip address you enter into the router. That will also be the address you want when making your static local ip address.

thanks gordo!

gordo the canyouseeme says my ports are open. and i put the no-ip adress which is sse*0**.no-ip.biz in the box.. but it still says the message cant be delivered.. is that okay? like it said on the tutorial page you told me?

Your ports are forwarded correctly, so it should work. test the server on yourself, but be sure you know how to uninstall it. good luck

Closed Thread