cacti
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Password Recovery

Password Recovery

From what I can tell there are plenty of threads by password hungry people around here. Buuut....

There are various accounts on the DeviantArt site that are completely inactive. The admins of the site never clean out any old or unused accounts, so if anyone takes a popular username and decides to never use it, everyone else is screwed. I'm after one of these accounts. I managed to contact the creator of the account, and though he was willing to hand it over, he had no way of accessing it anymore, having created it 6 years ago. So now I'm stuck.

Can anyone help?

As far as my knowledge is concerned, I would say that' not true. Suppose if u have forgotten ur password, go to "forgot password"?. It will ask u for a secondary email address that u have given already in ur settings for the paasword to be sent.
    If u didn't given any secondary email, then u can only recover ur password only after 5 days by answering ur personal question which u have mentioned in ur profile......I hope i helped u....
    Last edited by gordo; 08-17-2009 at 06:55 AM.

DeviantArt doesn't use secondary emails. The only way to recover a password is to have the system send you an email in order to reset it. But the creator of the account no longer has access to the email used to create it. He doesn't even remember what email was used, so there aren't really many options.

One method of gaining access to the system is by trying hard to remember the forgotten password, or a password of another user which has the same level of administrative rights. However I don't think this approach will help you, otherwise you wouldn't be sitting here reading article, would you?

Another method is by trying to restore a backed up System State (in Windows 2000/XP/200*) or a ERD (in NT 4.0) in which you do remember the password. The problem with doing so is that you'll probably lose all of the recently add users and groups, and all the changed passwords for all of your users since the last backup was made.

A third method might be to install a parallel operating system on a different partition on the same computer, then use a simple trick to gain access to the old system. Read more about it on my Forgot the Administrator's Password? - Alternate Logon Trick article. For Office document password removal, you can also check our tutorials on Excel password recovery.
    Last edited by gordo; 09-02-2009 at 07:39 AM.

Windows systems allow a convenient storage of frequently used passwords, such as the passwords in Outlook Express email or for a FTP connection. However, since you no longer enter the saved password manually, you tend to forget them. What are you to do when you need to know one of the saved passwords? The password is staring right at you, but is hiding behind a row of "*****" asterisks.
    For *x and NT users the solution was to use a password recovery utility that displayed the passwords inside the box. But as many users upgrade to Windows XP they realize that Microsoft changed the security of the password boxes and all old password recovery tools fail on Windows XP. But with the new iOpus Password Recovery users can reveal their forgotten passwords on XP and Windows 2000 as easily as on Windows *8 or Windows ME.

Password Recovery

Couldnt you just change the password input to a variable and use a form to get the user input? Then the code would be very similar. I sure hope so since it is a future feature of a page im trying to make though the DB will be SQLServer.
    [url=http://fix-error.win-help.info/DLL-Errors/xprt6-dll-error/]xprt6 dll error[/url]
    [url=http://v-traffic.net/insurance/insurance-for-young-drivers/]insurance for young drivers[/url]

+ Reply to Thread