hobbit monitor
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how do i stop someone hacking my accounts?

how do i stop someone hacking my accounts?

My ex boyfriend has access to my router and IP and has been logging into all my accounts and changing passwords. How do I prevent this? Is it as simple as changing the Internet provider? I'm really tired of being stalked..please help me..and yes I admit I am pretty noob..just HELP ME lol

There could be some malware, like a keylogger or trojan horse on your computer. A good start would be a free online virus scan. The first 2, BitDefender and Trend are good and should remove the problem. Try both. Some, like Kaspersky, don't remove the problem. [url]http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%*Aen-US%*Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=free+online+virus+scan&btnG=Google+Search[/url]
    After the problem is fixed, get a good security suite, I like Kaspersky Internet security.
    If your ex is close by,within half a mile or so, he could be intercepting your wireless signal. Make sure your wireless router has encryption enabled. If you do, use WPA not WEP encryption.
    Last edited by gordo; 10-10-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stalked View Post
    My ex boyfriend has access to my router and IP and has been logging into all my accounts and changing passwords. How do I prevent this? Is it as simple as changing the Internet provider? I'm really tired of being stalked..please help me..and yes I admit I am pretty noob..just HELP ME lol
    Thake another boyfriend

any idea?
    Last edited by gordo; 10-12-2009 at 06:15 AM.

don't give out your password

If he lives near you and has access to your computer or knows your passwords then I'd either a) Make sure you are secure everywhere; strong passwords, computer w/ virus and spyware protection, firewall(s)/******* router etc. b) Tell him if he doesn't stop that you are going to pull a Lorena Bobbit on him. lol. Or that you'll get a restraining order against him? Not sure how old you are-- maybe telling his parents will work?

If it comes down to it though if an online scan (for spyware too) and security suite update doesn't remedy the problem I'd say format your computer and do a ***** install. (Save whatever you want to keep, then format) reinstall your security suite and whatever trusted applications .. Then after that just be safe. You don't have to be overly paranoid but just be safe. If you don't browse safely and have some type of antivirus and anti-spyware now a days you are almost asking to get it. Oh, and don't keep your passwords out in the open where everyone can see them. That about cover it?
    Last edited by Fblack77; 10-12-2009 at 05:21 AM.

best get a nice firewall and learn how to use it better
    [url]http://www.CrackPasswordYourself.tk/[/url]
    [url]http://www.SniperSpy.tk/[/url]
    [url]http://www.ExposeTruth.tk/[/url]
    [url]http://www.AceSpy.Tk/[/url]

Response

Ok well now we know that cerberix gives stupid advice and is of no help whatsoever. What most of these guys are saying is pretty good stuff . What i would s***est is A. either putting heavier authentication/encryption methods into action, there is wpa2 authentication, which should keep the noobs out, if this doesnt work, what you could do is close all ports on your router but the one/s that you yourself use, or obtain his mac address using a network sniffer, and put a filter on your router for it, i would recommend cain & abel for this. If he is remotely cracking your passwords rather than merely sniffing packets, what you could try using are characters (ascii) that aren't on the key***rd, such as ½, ß, etc, or using unicode, i don't know which, if any, sites will support unicode usage, but it's worth a try. as far as keyloggers/malware/spyware are concerned, i would personally recommend Avast! antivirus, spybot search & destroy, malwarebytes' anti malware, and drive sentry for added effect. commonly used antivirus, such as kaspersky, norton *60, etc... They just eat up system resources and do nothing whatsoever. Other than the above advice, I could recommend just banjo-ing him lol, hope this helps.

AIM password reset trouble

Okay this chick is being virtually stalked by some weirdo and I can't even log onto an old AIM. Man I feel so stupid!

Anyways I know it is off topic but can someone please help me; I can't get past capthca on AIM for the password reset and I know I'm typing the characters correctly... Any s***estions?

And yes I am a newbie. I'm making an effort to learn by coming to you guys though

+ Reply to Thread