nagios
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Telnet question

Telnet question

Hello
    I was wondering, is there a way to log in to telnet but make the server "believe" you're logged in sometime in the future? like 5 days from now?

Sheela2000 Guest
    It is not telnet you should worry about...You should learn how to program in UNIX. That is the language that is used in shell accounts.

Pick up a book on UNIX or take some UNIX tutorials on the Net.

BTW: The only factor that would cause your crontab not to run is that you forgot to change the permissions of the shell file.
    ==========
    [url=http://www.laurensilva.com/le_mystere_bras_s/*28.htm]le mystere tisha bra[/url]
    [url=http://www.parfems.sk]Parfemy parfums[/url]

harris786 Guest
    Next question! I need to append certain DNS names to building number, which is in the DNS name (ie. b*057a.spangdahlem.af.mil, where *057 is the building number). There is a long list of these names (about 400 of them) and I need to make a formula basically to detract the b and a.spangdahlem.af.mil from the DNS name. Is there anyway, or do I have to do it manually? Also need to do the same for IP Address, basically need to get the third octet of the IP Address seperated from the rest, so I can make calculations off of that octet. Thanks for any and all help!
    Last edited by gordo; 01-23-2010 at 06:54 AM.

Telnet question

Thanks for the great s***estions

Let me ask you a question okay two:

* Are you familiar with UPnP/AV?
    2 Many of the commands youve s***ested in terms of player control are available via UPnP. Would that be an acceptable solution to you rather than the telnet intetrface?

telnet

can anyone explain how remote login works through telnet..
    ===============
    peter

[URL="http://www.legalx.net"]find attorney[/URL]

mujirose876 Guest
    Instead of telnet, if you want to use the cli on your devices by using SSH, is Putty an example of a tool that allows you to get to your devices and configure them? So i'm guessing in your putty configuation you put in the IP of your device and the port you want to go in thru to manage it. On the device side there is a username and pass that are required to get in. So when you putty in from your local pc it uses SSH to form a secure connection and then once you get to the device you are required to put in a username and password and then it's as if you were sitting at the device itself and it's secure? Just wanting to clear things up. Really appreciate it.
    Last edited by gordo; 02-15-2010 at 07:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread