opennms
Closed Thread

Thread: Ever wondered how to recover or reset a forgotten password in WindowsXP?

Smile Ever wondered how to recover or reset a forgotten password in WindowsXP?

Disclaimer: Following information should be used only if its your system and you have forgotten Windows password. Don't use this information to access a system which is not yours wothout permission.

What should you do if you forgot the password of Windows system? Before you search for recovery CD or USB Flash Drive,here a few solutions you can try. This method is easy enough for you to follow.

Method *: Have a rest and try to remember the forgotten password.
    Sometimes, human being is a little weird. After you have a coffee, or take a snap, you may found that you suddently strike your password.

Method 2: Try No Password Administrator Login Backdoor
    In Windows XP (not Windows Vista as Administrator account is not enabled by default), there is built-in Administrator user account, that has administrative credentials, enabled by default, and without any password to protect the account from been access. If you didn’t change this Administrator’s password, then try to sign in to Windows XP without password.

Method *: Reset password from another user account with administrator credentials
    If you cannot log on to Windows by using a particular user account, but you can log on to another account that has administrative credentials, follow these steps on how to do the trick: Log on to Windows by using an administrator account that has a password that you remember. You may need to start WinXP in safe mode. Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type “control userpasswords, and then click OK. Click the user account that you forgot the password for, and then click Reset Password. Type a new password in both the New password and the Confirm new password boxes, and then click OK.

Method 4: Use software programs.
    If you are not a computer technician, or not familiar with computer system operations, you may feel the above are unuesful or what I say. So ,here, I would like to introduce Windows password key 8.0. It creates a password recovery CD/DVD,USB Flash Drive for home, business and enterprise. It works perfectly to reset your Windows password. You can download it from [url]http://www.lostwindowspasseord.com[/url]

reset windows logon password

*rd Method:
    Try following trick which is actually a loophole in Windows XP Setup and a big security hole:

A. Boot using Windows XP Setup CD and follow the instruction like Accepting EULA, etc.

B. When it asks to repair your existing Windows installation, accept it and press "R" to run the repair.

C. Setup will start repairing your Windows and will start copying files, etc.

D. After a few minutes setup will restart your system and when it restarts don't press any key when it shows "Press any key to continue..." otherwise Setup will start from the beginning. Don't press any key and setup will resume where it left.

E. Now it'll start doing other tasks and will show a small progressbar with a few details in left side.

F. Look carefully at the details and when it shows "Installing devices", press <Shift>+F*0 keys in your key***rd.

G. It'll open a Command Prompt window. Now type nusrmgr.cpl and press <Enter>.

H. It'll open the same "User Accounts" window which you see in Control Panel.

I. Now you can remove or reset any account password without any problem.

2th Method:
    There are many *rd party utilities which claim to reset forgotten Windows password:
    The program that I recommend is the Windows Password Key 8.0. It is a very quick and useful utility for resetting passwords. It not only supports XP, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It works perfectly to reset any local user account to a blank password.
    Just an easy to use bootable CD/DVD . It can also be used on a USB Flash Drive. [url]http://www.lostwindowspassword.com/[/url]

Ever wondered how to recover or reset a forgotten password in WindowsXP

How can i recover my password?

I really dont want to pay for software just to use it one time Is there any other possible way?

I need it to publish a webpage i made And have no clue what it is

Thanks For Your Time

Quote Originally Posted by poegreeInputt View Post
    How can i recover my password?

I really dont want to pay for software just to use it one time Is there any other possible way?

I need it to publish a webpage i made And have no clue what it is

Thanks For Your Time
    [url]http://www.nirsoft.net/password_recovery_tools.html[/url]

If you're using windows xp, there is a separate hidden account called administrator. The easiest way to access it is to go into safe mode. You do this by tapping F8 just after the self test, and before windows starts to load. Once on the start up menu choose safe mode. Click on the administrator account. From there you can change any passwords in the control panel under user accounts. You do not have to know any of the passwords to change them.

or you can use utility to delete the lost password.
    usually it need * steps:
    *.Download advanced windows password recovery *.0 from [url]http://www.recoverwindowspassword.com[/url] and decompress it on that PC.there is a .ISO file. Burn the .ISO file to a CD.
    2.Get out the newly created CD and insert it to the locked computer.
    *.Re-boot the locked computer and then follow the process of
    instructions. Just after a few steps, the old password will be removed.
    It supports all windows version, recover windows 7 password, vista/xp/200*/2000/NT etc.

Closed Thread