Power Admin

Thread: I have a hacker and can't get rid of him!

Threaded View

Persistant IP

I have this same IP trying to get into ports *028 thru *044. As soon as I start up and about every 2 to * hour intervals. IP# 66.***.**2.204. Contacted my DSL technician, says not from them. I am running Mcafee AV ver8 and Firewall Plus, also running my connection through a Netgear Router to the Westell DSL modem. (WIN2000). He can't get in, but it's really driving me nuts trying to find out who this idiot is. It's the only IP that's been able to get through to my Firewall in past * weeks, so he's persistant. I have him blocked on the Banned IP list. I've run an Arins WhoIs search, and done a trace route through windows and a commercial program, and the only info I can get, is it is originating from Austin, Texas. I have and can send a complete updated trace route list if someone would care to check this out for me. I have been looking for two weeks on an answer to this. No reply form Gov. offical sites where I have reported this, but not sure if it's a threat for them to be concerned about.
    Any info from anyone, let me know. eme @ [email]letsgetanewname@bellsouth.net[/email]
    Thanks
    Bungiman
    Last edited by bungiman; 05-19-2004 at 07:59 PM.