rrdtool
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I have a hacker and can't get rid of him!

Unregistered Guest
    hmmmm.

Unregistered Guest
    More than half the replies in this topic are b.s. (someone said to take the fan out of your computer....?!).
    Anyway, I don't think many people take the time to hack random PCs unless it's really, really easy because the user is dumb enough to open attachments on unsolicited email. It's not simple to install a root kit on a computer without getting the password through the stupidity of the user first.

Unregistered Guest

Forget Mcafee

Ppl forget about McAfee. Hackers can get thru it too esay because the designers for McAfee dont know what they are doing. No affense. When you think McAfee has deleted a virus or something, its not. It's only containing it in a closed file!! A virus can easily get out and just harm your computer once again. Get Norton, that DELETES it.

Unregistered Guest
    changing isp does not matter. they areprobably using reverse connection and everytime you log on it connects to them.
    use netetat -an to see what ports are being listened too.

Originally posted by *apbITa@
    Lol.. Guys There is no such thing as an easy removal of a virus or trojan, it is not possible for anybody to remove an infection from your computer remotely or giving you all exact directions.
    My advice, give up WinXP, Win2000, or Win200* or the mf LongHorn, as it is siply an open door to your computer, due to the RPC stuff, nobody still know how many of potential exploits still exist. Change for ME it still works for me just fine, Plus it allows to have two antiviruses on one pc.
    To remove the virus from your system with *00% reliability, FORMAT the system drive, thats the only way to be sure (please note that all the data on your computer is going to be lost, so make a back up on to a CD, and you would also have to install Windows again). The new versions of viruses, kloggers and trojans are developed by the hour, so the format c: is the only way to be sure.
    Install the clean version of WinME OS, download ALL of the current updates from Windowsupdate at microsoft.
    Install Norton AntiVir 2004 with all updates, or better still Norton Internet Security
    Install McAfee virusscan 8.0 or later, take the updates from [url]www.mcafee.ru/downloads.[/url]
    If you still on XP Buy! and Install PrivacyKey***rd - cool stuff (only for winXP) its anti-keylogger, I have tested it on *00+ keyloggers and other spyware, none of the things I typed were logged, so now I am not worrying about some of my passwords anymore. [url]www.bezpeka.biz[/url] - they also have other anti-spyware products.
    Install and configure with highest level of security any Firewall, Norton personal Firewall, or Zone Alarm are one of the simplest to configure
    Stop using Outlook, either go to the Bat, or use web interface such as Hotmail they have been patched up to the neck.
    Stop saving passwords and try to remember them by heart, change them monthly!!
    Stop saving anything from Internet, this is the easyest thing to get infection.
    Stop opening any unknown attachment to you, including pictures.
    Backup all your important files on a weekly basis.
    If you do all this you have 80% chance to survive the next 2-* months with no infections.

When somebody has you once again format c: and et cetera et cetera...
    Once you have done it in full by yourself, it is going to be easier and easier next time... Good Luck
    People like you are dangerous..... what a n00b winME ffs lmfao

Originally posted by Unregistered
    More than half the replies in this topic are b.s. (someone said to take the fan out of your computer....?!).
    Anyway, I don't think many people take the time to hack random PCs unless it's really, really easy because the user is dumb enough to open attachments on unsolicited email. It's not simple to install a root kit on a computer without getting the password through the stupidity of the user first.
    Yep... you people should get a decent firewall and stop downloasd shite from the net

Re: simple, but effective guidelines

Originally posted by Unregistered
    * - any old Pentium I will do. Pull out the harddrives, fans, everything not absolutely necessary. Just leave the floppy drive.
    lol

Unregistered Guest

Lightbulb

OK Ok ... really nice posts.
    First, you have what you have, if you are using MACS, Win2k or Linux or whatever, the trick to it is, update it and learn to secure it.
    Secondly, A router is not a firewall.
    Third, Purchase and install, configure and lock up a packet filtering software firewall. If you don't know what it is trying to access the internet, deny it. Most things are little proograms that allow a third party to open a port and help themselves to your info.
    Four, It doesn't matter if you are grand-dad running *4.4 or Billy kick butt running 6Mbps downstreaming you are ALL capable of having a little problem. If someone is port scanning then they find who you are and sooner than later find out how to get at you. If you open email from everyone you are requesting that you stuff gets broken into.
    Five, lockout all emails that are not from people you know.
    Six, lockout emails from people you know that are sending you something that is runnable on your system.
    Seven, Install AV and spyware and keep it up to date. Scan preferably everyday and get the updates before you bother scanning.
    Eight try online virus scanning. housecall.trendmicro.com [url]www.norton.com[/url] and macafee as well as A2 have them. Use them.
    Finally, I work for an ISP. Security concerns are big in my department. I hear several times a day from people that are having these problems. It is always the same. They do not know what version of software or how long it has been since they updated their software. They don't know what is actually running on their PC. Awareness starts at home. Stupidity is not something that creates itself. You need to know what you are running and using. How can you drive that car if you are not sure how it works. There is always a way into a computer, you can only slow them down.

BTW do you know what administrative rights are Give it to yourself and remove all others....

Unregistered Guest

They are everywhere

Help! I have hackers everywhere.. sometimes i can't find my socks in the morning and I know I left them out.. the hackers are getting in and stealing my favorite pair! They even made french toast in my kitchen and didn't even clean up! how do I remove them?

Locked.

Closed Thread