network monitoring
Closed Thread

Thread: 800b0*00 error code XP error instalation?

Hybrid View

Unregistered Guest

Angry 800b0*00 error code XP error instalation?

Hi,

I have a XP Professional copy, P4 Prescott at 2.8 Ghz with Sp*. I downloaded and instaled.
    I installed also the SP2 for two weeks.
    I got the MSblast window ("you computer will be shout down ...etc) and i erased all
    svchost.exe registry entry. My system crashed and i entered my XP professional SP* included
    and i tried to reinstall the OS.
    Here is the error messages:

" Setup failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. Error code is 426"
    " The signature of Windows XP SP* Professional is invalid. The error code is 800b0*00"

I tried all the trick described in here and no result. The system make the same infinite loop.
    The CD-ROm is the first boot option also i tried the "catroot2 to catold" trick.
    I forgot to mention that i do not want to loose the OS, because all my registered programs and
    all my work is there. Also i have the legit XP SP* copy with license.

Please help!

Unregistered Guest

Re: 800b0*00 error code XP error instalation?

well you might try to boot of a CD with linux OS on it and see what you can change from there

Unregistered Guest

i do not know what to change

Thanks for your reply.

I do not know what to change. I just want my OS back, still infected with welchia. It was innofensive.

Please someone help.

Thanks in advance

Unregistered Guest

error message during installation

i am having the same problem i have used two completly different copys of xp pro both have been working properlt before, but i get the same error each time it just gets stuck at installing windows ** mins remaining i would be interested if any one has an idea because i have tryed everything!

thanx

Gary

Unregistered Guest
    Same problem, too!
    I think it is because I disabled some services and/or changed some security settings.
    Have you done something like this?

Unregistered Guest
    Try this:
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q*07*5*[/url]

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Try this:
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q*07*5*[/url]
    It's working!
    BTW, I had to wait ~*0 minutes at "** minutes left", but then setup resumed (and finished).

Unregistered Guest

What have you done?

Hi!

What have you done exactly that the setup resumes? What have you changed?

Greetings!

Unregistered Guest
    You could always reformat and preform a celan install, it adds *0 minutes, but without it you have xtra junk on your computer that you must reinstall and programs you cant reinstall (lost the disk) then you have to manually delete. Just use a free reformatter, and then install.

Unregistered Guest

Cool fatal error

I have encountered the same problem. please advise exactly what you did or did not do while you waited the */2 hour for the restart.

It would greatly be appreciated.

Desperate!

My solution

I had the same problem today, and after finding nothing from searching the web, i found a soulution to the problem myself. The link from microsoft didn't work for me. I had a situatuon where the mother***rd was fried by a lightning stirike, so it had to be replaced. Offcourse, i had to repair my windows installation, but i didn't know which version of XP pro was installed, and neither did the owner. I tried repairing with a cd that had SP2 integrated, and ran into this problem. So, booted from SP* cd, and restarted the repair process, and the problem was gone. So, it was just a different service pack that caused the problem in my case. Hope this helps

Smile

i think its because of the change of operating system or service pack the logs are saved on your hard drive soi you need to format

Blacksheep, Dodo05* has been waiting a year and a half for that answer.

Closed Thread