munin
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question About Cain & Abel

Question About Cain & Abel

I've been fulfilling my curiosity lately... Now with Cain & Abel i get the jist of how it works. now my only problem is that i can't seem to figure out why it is only monitoring my computer activity. I'm currently in Iraq and the way this guy has his internet set up is pretty wild. I looked and found what seems to be like a 20+ port hub in his shop. which about 5 routers connect to that run from the shop to the 5 rooms in the building we stay at. and than from those routers people connect their computers to. can my location or way he has his internet set up pose any problems as to why I'm only monitoring my computer activity? Must i be the admin of the network?

Thanks for any help I'll try to be more productive on these forums as
    when i Google subjects they usually lead to these forums.

I don't know if you can arp poison on that setup, you will need to experiment. Here is the basic setup for arp poisoning. [url]http://shsc.info/ARPPoisoning[/url]

thanks for the link i read over it twice. I've been experimenting with it for quite awhile when i scan for MAC addresses i get a lot of the same OUI fingerprints with very similar MAC's. when i go to poison a few of them i sometimes get activity in the WAN window, and sometime i don't more than often i don't. a few will be Full-Routing and some Half-Routing i understand the difference between the two but i cant seem to pull up any information from the activity. i will check the passwords tab and I'll get a few PPoE passwords but these are from my computer. and on a few occasions i'll get a bunch of listings in the VoIP tab which i dont believe are from my computer. and every now and than i'd get a few listings in the APR-Cert and APR-HTTPS. which are also from my computer. i cant put together an explanation for this. I'll continue to fool around with a few things. any help is appreciated.

I only briefly played with C&A, but I believe there you can play and listen to those voip files.

How many other computers are on your subnet when you scan for hosts?
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

+ Reply to Thread