hyperic
Closed Thread

Thread: Which free email service will allow me to attach an executable file? (spytector)

Hybrid View

Which free email service will allow me to attach an executable file? (spytector)

Hey guys. I recently purchased "Spytector", found this forum while googling info about it and found it quite helpful. I'm hoping you guys have some more answers for me as I have a lot to learn.

Most importantly, I tried emailing the server through Yahoo multiple times only to later find out that Yahoo doesn't even allow the sending of an .exe file, nor do most free email services for that matter.

What free email service can I use that will allow me to send it? And if the person receiving the server has Yahoo, will they not be able to access the file anyway, despite what service I use to send it? The person I'm trying to send it to also has an email account through their school. Would that be a better place to send it? Or are those accounts typically just as strict?

As for the rest of this process, I believe I've figured most everything else out. Spytector seems pretty user friendly and self explanatory, but there's a couple of other things I'm a bit shaky on.

I'm still a little unsure about what port to choose for the email option after googling some info about that. Apparently port 25 is often blocked, but I'm not sure what would be the proper alternative. I'm using a Mac which I thought may be different from most computers as far as internet settings go. Does it not matter? Does it depend on the receiving computer's settings more so than mine?

Lastly, I found out that Spytector's email service isn't compatible with Yahoo mail either. I set it up with a Gmail account? Will that work?

I've sent the file once already and it wouldn't be practical to send it many more times. I'd like to get it right once and for all so I can carry this out properly. I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks...

I just sent an exe from my yahoo to aol account, and it worked. The yahoo email scanner is probably detecting the file you are sending.

Hmmm! Good question and for all those wondering the same thing here's how to proceed:

Once you create your server.exe,right click and rename it including extension. WHY? .exe is blocked *6% of the time.

EXAMPLE: yourserver.exe
    right click to screenshot_008*57846*66**2.scr <-- this will be more accepted than exe extention.

Some other extension that are for execute are: .bat/.pif/.com/.dll/.ocx/ and there are more so google them.

Important thing to do: Never send a server unless is inside a .zip/.rar compressed file to avoid detection in a better rate.

I take this opportunity to say hi to mods/admins... it's been a while but i always come and check on you guys once in a while.
    Please do not message me with hacking request,i do not have the time or intention.
    Noz
    jabber: gh05t*d@jabb*r.org Email: gh05t*d@hack.cl

Internet security is as real as your Dreams !

I accept with information:
    Hmmm! Good question and for all those wondering the same thing here's how to proceed:

Once you create your server.exe,right click and rename it including extension. WHY? .exe is blocked *6% of the time.

right click to screenshot_008*57846*66**2.scr <-- this will be more accepted than exe extention.
    Last edited by gordo; 03-18-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leebingate View Post
    I accept with information:

Why would you cut and paste the same answer from someone elses (nozf*r4tu) post?

Ways to Send EXE file through Gmail, Yahoo Mail .

*.Make a ZIP archive of EXE file:Right click on EXE file, goto Send To > Compressed ZIP folder option to make ZIP archive file containing EXE file. You can upload created ZIP file as attachment and send via email.

2. Make a RAR archive of EXE file:Just like ZIP and RAR, you can pack EXE file in Microsoft Word document. Open Microsoft Word and following these steps:
    - Goto File > New document
    - Click Insert > Object
    - In Object window, click browse & select EXE file
    - Click File > Save As
    You can attach and share Microsoft Word document containing EXE file.

*. Upload online & share download link:Instead of attaching EXE file to email message, you can upload EXE File to *rd party online service and share file download link via email. You can use Mediafire.com, Rapidshare.com, MegaUpload.com websites to upload EXE files for free and share with anyone.
    [url=http://www.r4cards.co.nz/]iedge card[/url]

Closed Thread