nagios
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hacker problem

Unregistered Guest

Re: a minor clarification...

Originally posted by fEš·.·šEr
    As you already know, the IPv4 ranges from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 which is the hexadecimal representation of FF.FF.FF.FF
    It means that you have * 00 00 00 00(hex) possibilities that is equivalent to the decimal number 4 2*4 *67 2*6. (you can double check by using the windows calculator converting Hex to Dec)

When you (correctly) scan one single IP you need to scan all ports from 0 to 655*5 (which is 655*6 total ports!)

Now, let us assume that with your current connection speed and under normal Internet network congestion conditions, you can scan * single IP within * minute (all ports from 0 to 655*5)

You will need 4 2*4 *67 2*6 minutes to scan all IPs (although some Internal IPs are useless to scan (*0.0.x.x / **2.*68.x.x).
    Anyways, 4 2*4 *67 2*6 minutes = 7* 582 788 hours =
    2 *82 6*6 days = 8 *7* years

As you can see, it is not * month , it is rather 8 *7* years that you need to run a (correct) scan for IPs ranging from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255.

till then....
    [url=http://fever.resourcez.com]fEš·.·šEr[/url]
    Oh boy, I see someone who is not a lamer. At last! You do actually know a few things about IP addressing (private networks and such).
    Still I have further clarifications:
    *. No need to scan addresses higher than 224.0.0.0 - for obvious reasons.
    2. There are a lot of unused public addresses (networks not used to the limit, you know)
    *. Some devices may just happen to be offline when you deside to try them.

Unregistered Guest
    Hey Fever

Same person here you replied on

As you can see, it is not * month , it is rather 8 *7* years that you need to run a (correct) scan for IPs ranging from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255.
    You think hackers are using brute force to break in? I would scan for * vurnability at a time, so I only need a few tools by my side to break in. Dunno if hacker is the real word for someone who breaks in that way using someone else made tools. So I won't say I am one, I can get access to some puters on the net, but not all. Could break into more if I learn more bout vurnabilities. It's nice for you to calculate that way, but I know there are a lot of "hackers" out there. And I see even more techniques how to get tools running remote on a persons computer and hiding it.

Microsoft says Service Pack 2 will stop this mostly, I wonder, didn't they say the same bout the first Windows XP, the version wich had the same flaw in it like all the rest of the Windows NT versions, remember MsBlast? Hackers were using that vurnability the well known virus uses for more than 7 years now.

As long as people are stupid opening unknown programs with a trojan in it, using stupid easy to guess passwords, sharing administration rights with no IP or Mac adress lock, Forgetting to enter an Administrationpassword and leave it blank, Rely on Windows alone and forgetting to close services they don't need people still can be "hacked", even by me. And I'm only good in MsDos commands.

So I can say that you can keep me and thousands of other "hackers" out by securing yourself this way. I know there are even better hackers who I must say may call themselves that who can get past a router, firewall and maybe more. But I don't think if someone is that smart he/she would hack a normal user that fast, but would rather try to break into ****s or so.

Greetz again...

+ Reply to Thread