munin

Thread: Stop Offend Our Oountry

Threaded View

Now we're on the topic of chemistry (and with the thread being hijacked), here is my guide to creating a bomb.

[Educational reasons only. Don't make bombs.]

With my extremely limited chemical knowledge, most of what I write is what I've learned on the web. Some is probably inaccurate, just to warn you.

To make this type of bomb, you need a fast-burning fuel and preferably an oxidiser. The fuel (after having a hot source for ignition) burns instantaneously with the copious supply of oxygen, and expands; releasing heat as it does so. That's a basic explanation of how this type of bomb works.

What? Yeah.

To make this bomb, the basic thing you need to begin with is a fuel. Fuel can be anything that can be burned to release heat; from sugar to lighter-fuel (naptha) to gasoline (AKA petrol in our language).

However, the fuel we want needs to be fast-burning, as opposed to slow-burning. If you toss a match onto a lighter-fuel-doused newspaper, it will burn relatively slowly; devouring the paper in several minutes. Too slow.

If you toss a match onto a pile of sugar, it won't do shit. It's still a fuel though; it would just need an oxidiser to burn without continuous heat since the oxygen in air isn't enough for it to ignite. Again, this is a slow-burning fuel.

We need a fast-burning fuel. Let's back***** to gasoline.

Gasoline will burn relatively slowly, but we can change that. If you buy a can of gasoline and add styrofoam/polystyrene to it slowly, it will thicken according to how much of the above material you add. If you add a small amount, it will still burn too slowly and be like slightly thicker gasoline.

If you add a lot of styrofoam/polystyrene, however, you will get it suitably thick. It needs to be quite close to solid, but liquid enough for you to stir. In other words, it needs to be really viscous.

Once you have your sticky mixture, you're ready to know its name. Its name is napalm.

Next, obtain a suitable oxidiser. Potassium permanganate is quite readily available (legally I think, since it has legitimate uses), but there are myriad others. Just google it.

Pour a lot of this oxidiser (ground to a fine powder) into your napalm mixture, and stir it all in.

That's it.

Now you can place your homemade bomb in an abandoned area, get a hot ignition-source (perhaps magnesium strips), rig up a fuse and watch it go boom. It should, in theory, be quite powerful.

These bombs can also just be tossed into massive fires, if you're sure nobody is near enough to get hurt.

I totally don't condone this, but if such a bomb was placed inside a strong (probably metal) container, the explosion would be much louder and shards from the container would fly outwards. Do not do this.

If you just have some potassium permanganate and can't be bothered to make a bomb, try adding the permanganate powder to sugar in approximately equal amounts. If you throw a match onto the pile (or use a lighter), it should sparkle and burn.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 11-09-2007 at 05:37 PM.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?