Hi, I am new to this forum and I would like to thank everyone in advance for sharing your knowledge on computer security with people like me who have little knowledge on the subject.

I have a question concerning a few ip addresses that are constantly being detected on my firewall even when my computer is not being used but connected to the internet. They are a series of ip addresses that are traced back to China. It starts when I first turn on my computer and I look at my inbound events, immediatly I get and inbound ip address which is the same every morning. Actually they are different ip adresses but always have the same route.

Can anyone tell me what this could be.

IP addresses are as follows.

222.*8*.*8.*8
222.**6.25*.***
6*.*52.*58.*2*

There are a few others but I think one could determine whether this is a possiblie hacker by the above ip. addresses.

Also does banning these ip addresses really help prevent this person(if it is a hacker) from entering my computer?

If anyone can help I would really appreciate.

Also I do belong to a few private and public message ***rds on yahoo. Occasionally I will post and read some posts of interest. Is it safe to post on any of these message ***rds?

Thank you again and I look forward to reading responses to my questions.

Sincerely,

Paul Wood