monitor file access
Closed Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: getting someones IP address

someone's hacking into my message ***rd and myspace, and have no accessed some of the email and myspace accounts of our members...we've actually got a lawyer dealing with part of it because of the damage they've caused but there's nothing we can do about the message ***rd hacking unless we find their ip address
    I have their name, address, phone number, business website address but i've searched google for everything I can think of and cant find any way of finding their IP using this info
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    What is a lawyer going to do? rofl.
    The best thing you can do is to make sure you have secure passwords. A little more info would be helpful too, what kind of message ***rd are you running? SMF, phpBB, vBulletin...? I'm assuming they must have gone rumaging through your database and done a bit of datamining. Having passwords in your message ***rd that correspond with their myspace and e-mail accounts is a big mistake... especially on a message ***rd where it also contains your other personal info... The best thing you can do is change your database password to something cryptic, such as "[;2*4]=_", and warn your message ***rd users. Also you might want to check your logs if you haven't already, and make a copy. but if this person was smart they would have demolished your hosting logs by now... is your msg ***rd through a hosting site or are you hosting this yourself?

EDIT: Some msg ***rds enable IP *****ing, such as SMF, but if this is a large community it would probably be very hard to ***** this person, if you have saved a copy of your logs, try consulting someone to examine your logs.

I've heard alot of people say things like they want to learn how to "muck" with people's computers with their IP and stuff, and are eager to learn. or they just want to beef up security, just realize this. It is no easy task, like the movie "hackers" where they just plug into a payphone and start hacking away and bringing down the government. Learning isn't a run through a field of daisies, it takes determination and a long time dedicated to studying, plus alot of caffiene helps too .

The lawyer is dealing with theft and copyright infringement and we have evidence of that so it can be dealt with properly, we know it's the same person doing the hacking too we just need to prove it.
    Thanks for your help, the message ***rd is phpBB...they're just doing stupid things like adding word censors and changing people's passwords, we advised everyone to change all their passwords but she's still getting in, and to mine more than anyone else's although I think she's targeting me just to piss me off some more.
    It's run through a hosting site, i'll talk to the other admin about checking the logs...you have to log in to access most of our ***rd so im checking the IPs of any guests lurking in the index but they never come up with anything specific.
    Thanks again for your help!

I would dig deep into your phpBB settings and set the IP *****ing settings to the strictest possible. Although, if "she" is smart enough that person is probably masking their identity, and going through a number of different servers/machines, but, if they have underestimated your power, then you can probably catch this "she hacker". If they have gone through multiple machines to attack your website, then the IP address will come up of the server/machine they went through, such as a proxy server, then the owner of the proxy server will have to check their logs, to see if any connections were made to your site from their server, but again, if they are smart they have covered their *****s and altered the servers/machines logs. Best of luck with this problem... also you might want to get a host that utilizes linux/unix operating systems . As windows provides virtually no security whatsoever.

Remote Admin

Are there any remote admins out there that do not the require the software to be installed on the remote computer? I believe that is one thing that you can do with someone's IP address, although there could be harsh consequences if you used it for malicious purposes and the owner of the remote computer finds out Please try to give me a few, all remote admins I've tried require software to be installed on all remote computers
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shivar
    Are there any remote admins out there that do not the require the software to be installed on the remote computer? I believe that is one thing that you can do with someone's IP address, although there could be harsh consequences if you used it for malicious purposes and the owner of the remote computer finds out Please try to give me a few, all remote admins I've tried require software to be installed on all remote computers
    Thanks
    No, that would be *********ly impossible. How exactly could you remotely connect to someone's computer if there wasn't software running to listen and respond to the incoming connection? I'll answer that question for you - you can't. You need to wake up to the fact that you can't gain access to someone's computer just by clicking a few buttons; even with the lowest security, computers are not designed to just let any unauthorized user come right in and have full access. You can only get this access by:

• Getting them to run some malicious software which is designed to give you access.

• Exploiting and manipulating any vulnerable software they already run.

Of course with exploits you can execute code remotely without their knowledge, but there is no program to automate the use of exploits, and even if there was, it couldn't generically affect all computers; different computers = different versions = different vulnerabilities. In other words, a program with an exploit hard-coded into it would be useless the moment the said software (in this case, windows) gets updated. I don't think you've thought this through...
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 06-28-2006 at 12:27 PM.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

computers are not designed to just let any unauthorized user come right in and have full access.
    Pre-Service Pack 2 = Open For All Access

Before service pack 2 you could connect directly to a windows computer and take over not using any exploits. Port 445,*** & messenger service were open/enabled by default and no ISP blocked them at that time. Over time they have smartened up...
    Last edited by SyntaXmasteR; 06-29-2006 at 02:49 PM.
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/services.php]Speed Up Windows XP[/url]
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/ip.php]Get An Ip Address[/url]
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/base_converter.php]Base Converter[/url]
    --------------------------------
    [URL=http://www.boninroad.com/syntax******/]Old Site[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.syntax******.info]Comming Soon[/URL]

how can i get someone ip

wat is the best way to get the ip from the foreign address.

Thumbs down hey!! syntax ****** open challenge

[B]hey man.....called syntax ******...if u have a real talent answer my question
    [B]i m getting friend online fake alerts (i mean while i chat, alert comes as "xyz" is online now but actly the person is not thr in my frnds list) i want to no how they do that can u tel me?????????????????????????????
    coz i want to do the same...

lets see ur talent. i had posted this under another topic few days before. i no this is not a valid topic whr i m posting this ...but sorry no one attend odd topics
    waiting for ur reply::

***** IP while chattin

hi guys
    can any* tell me how to modify chat.asc file???? i hv got a program tht can send me IP of the person whom i'm chattin with........but it need to modify chat.asc.......
    and one more thing.........how to get log file(of any URL or other)

do reply

hey guys im not too retarded when it comes to computors and i have read alot of this thread and have tried a few things but what i don't understand is what you can do once you obtain an IP adress. .i have access to tons of them but dont know what to do with them....

please give me something to do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SyntaX******
    Most people that post comments like that dont know what they are doing anyways. They think they can crack computers/servers/ANYBOX b.c of OTHER peoples programs... they dont even write their own. They probably know how to do one little hack and they think they know it all. Thats why you just laugh at people like that~

How do i end up answering questions for new-comers and then get ridiculed of my knowledge for answering questions? Doesnt make much sence to me...

Anyways, i hope i have been some help to those that are actually here to learn things~
    I am trying to find out how many people have different screen names. I have a forum and the same ip address using aol keeps coming up on different people, but they way they talk sound as if they are the same person, just with a different screen name. How do I know for sure where they are?

please , help me

how can i check out if my friend has a hotmail account or if he dont have one ???

please send me the answer 2 : [email]Seemo_*2@hotmail.com[/email]

i want the answer as soon as u can get it

Quote Originally Posted by SyntaX******
    If you would like to get someones IP send them to this page i created and input your email address- It will immediately send you their IP address:

Code:
    http://www.boninroad.com/funny2.php?friend=YOUREMAIL@EMAILPROVIDER.com
    I will work writing the script to show a different picture everyday. Any other ideas?

*st Change -Pictures will now change everyday for *0 days. Hope you guys enjoy the easy URL and please dont use it for any spamming purposes or ill have to take it down.

2nd Change - Counter Added
    Ok, I've tried this with multiple new email accounts at diferrent servers, I have yet to recieve an email from a "victim".

Hmm... Any s***estions?

---To: unregistered----

.. u seem to be the most knowledgable person here.. Let me know if you wanna talk.. I got a problem you could help me with if ya want.

[email]boys_lie_2006@hotmail.com[/email]

Closed Thread