xymon
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Peer2Peer

Unregistered Guest

Peer2Peer

Hey guys

was just wondering how IPs are *****ed on Peer2Peer networks. My brother is worried about a lot of songs he downloaded, and is wondering if the police could have his name on record or something. Idon't think they would cos they haven't done anything and why would they bother since he deleted all the songs about 2 years ago. that computer has since broken down and was returned to the shop - would it be known that no evidence existed any more? how are ips *****ed on peer to peer networks such as winMX? would they have his name and can his identity be *****ed retroactively? (in this country, it is law to delete all sever records other than those pertaining to billing, so i said it's ok.)

thanks

take care y'all

Unregistered Guest

Re: Peer2Peer

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Hey guys

was just wondering how IPs are *****ed on Peer2Peer networks. My brother is worried about a lot of songs he downloaded, and is wondering if the police could have his name on record or something. Idon't think they would cos they haven't done anything and why would they bother since he deleted all the songs about 2 years ago. that computer has since broken down and was returned to the shop - would it be known that no evidence existed any more? how are ips *****ed on peer to peer networks such as winMX? would they have his name and can his identity be *****ed retroactively? (in this country, it is law to delete all sever records other than those pertaining to billing, so i said it's ok.)

thanks

take care y'all
    My friend bill said that the brother of his girlfriend (ashley) was doing almost the same downloads. but he didn't do it from his home but rather from ramon's house (ramon is his step father).
    when the police came to investigate with asley, they kept her 24 hours at the station, she told them about her brother. in the mean time, chris (the brother) has left to another state to stay at his uncle's (tom).
    By the the time the police checked with my friend, then with ramon, then with tom the IP has changed.
    The situation become so critical, the sherif sent 4 men after lola (ramon's sister), but unfortunately, the IP changed again and they lost the *****.

+ Reply to Thread