I've been trying to find my computer's true IP for a long time, but because of lack-of-general-knowledge on Internet Protocol addresses, I can't tell (in part because the computer has a cable modem) what it is. When going to the test at [url]http://www.all-nettools.com/pr.htm[/url] I was given the IP of my cable provider rather than my computer, which I'm thinking is a good thing in general, but for gaming and such, I wouldn't mind knowing my own IP.

Typically I like to go though DOS with what I know, but sometimes that's difficult for me, being a newbie. I tried what one of the Unreggies s***ested: Start, Run, "command" (opening a DOS prompt) and entering ipconfig. After doing this I was given three different IP addresses: "IP Address", "Subnet Mask", and "Default Gateway". Naturally they were all different numbers, so I assumed that the one that frankly said "IP Address" was the one for my computer.

I then used DOS again and typed in "netstat -n" to get a list of numbers going though my computer. This gives me two columns fo numbers: Local Address and Foreign Address. I noticed after looking under Local Address that they were all the same, and that they were all the IP address that was supposedly "mine."

By saying Local Address is it just referring to my computer's IP and I'm just too new to know it, or when looking for my computer's IP did I just not get the correct one in the first place? I think the more I look, the more lost I get... Any s***estions, anyone?

Regards,

Cedz