munin
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ISP privacy advice needed.

Hybrid View

See what I mean?

Yup. I KNEW she was either runnning searches on us constantly or had already hacked my computer. I haven't even used this alias anywhere else in months, yet she finds it in TWO DAYS? Which is the main reason I posted it to begin with. No names or otherwise identifying info whatsoever, just an old alias along with a rant about somebody's husband's ex-wife on some obscure geek forum. And yet she somehow magically knows about it 2 days later? OMG!
    What do you do when you are being cyber-stalked? We can't stay off the internet, I run my business on here. I reported this to the police, and the detective just said to keep those CDs, keep our doors and windows locked, and especially know where our kids are at all times. He said I could probably get a restraining order if I told all this to a judge, but they generally aren't worth a crap anyway.
    Does anyone else have any experience with this sort of thing? How often does cyber-stalking turn into the real deal? I think I'll go lock my doors now.

google alerts

This is actually pretty darn funny; You post something completely false and fuill of allegations that are now in print about me- I find it on the web- search engine! and I am in the wrong~
    OMG- it's called google- you can sign up any phrase and it searches web every 24 hours. It is called google alerts.
    For the record, as this is an alias used before to post things about me and there are two others- i have them on alert so that I am notified of anything that may be written about me. This forum post was number * on google- not alot of searching! This was also legally advised.
    BTW, I was advised by two legal offices that I keep a ***** of info posted about me as far as all that has happened in the past- They recommend I closely monitor any possible harassment, libel or fraudelent activity. I have more than enough to show a distinct pattern of harassment. I am following the legal advice I recieved To protect myself from this type of slanderous behavior.
    Also google is legal and if it were not you could not set up alerts. Check it out! After 2 years of harassment I have learned to circumvent this crap. Please keep the cd's. Have them checked. They were blank unformatted cd'r's. If there is any proof to your allegations they will discover thr truth. I know there is nothing on those cd's- you are just creating drama.
    If anything is on those cd roms- you put it there.
    Those disks were clean and unformatted. I have done nothing but reply to your post full of lies-Don't post about me and there is no issue. Wasn't that the same excuse you used last March to post things about me- reply to my post- I replied to your post- same thing you did in the past.
    You don't have to stay off internet- just stay off about me or my children. Don't post information about me or make accusations- why is that so hard?
    Don't post gripes about me, don't post their pic's for financial gain and we have no issue.
    On Cyberstalking allegation and restraining order:
    *. I look forward to you legally proving i am the one in the wrong about this posting. You may have contacted a detective but I am sure they were not told the truth. You committed slander in libel form, defamation of character (further proven by response and admitting it was about me), all done in complete malice. And they told you I was wrong.....hmmm.. Nothing more to say. So please bring your post and yourallegations that have no factual basis.
    2. If you place any data on those cd's- maybe the real reason you were on here- try to find program to put on there to make me look guilty of something- and accuse me again we will deal with it in a court of law.
    *. You cannot post anything you want about someone and them not have the right to say anything. I have every right to defend false allegations.
    4. Please go ahead, press cyberstalking claims against me-I have more than enough evidence dating back ane xtended period of time to show who the real aggressor is.
    5. Funny, you posted lies about me and I am in the wrong for finding it and responding to them. I wonder if the tables were turned what your reaction would have been.
    6. Please file for a restraining order- I have had lots of documentation to get one too- but I have avoided it - but please open the door to that one. Discussion over. It's not worth it. You can try to justify your behavior all you want.
    Whatever.
    Last edited by myboyzmom; 01-16-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Love the drama.
    troy, if someone is finding out info on me i would...
    *. get an online virus scan. here, pick one. [url]http://wiki.castlecops.com/Online_antivirus_scans[/url]

2. get a program called hijack this, run it, and post the results in the hijack this forum at castlecops.com.

*.Get a good security suite like Kasperskys internet security. Its pro-active defense is driving the trojan/keylogger writers crazy

4. If you access the internet through a wireless router, make sure you are using a secure connection on your router.
    You are not being hacked, someone has probably installed some kind of malware on your comp.

Well not to be one persons side or anything because all this seems a little crazy but hear is my personal opinion... depending on what type of files are on there a lot can be determined. If there is a file binded to a picture or made up to look like a picture thats all the evidence you would need because executable files contain good info on dates and sometimes even machine id and other things in the header. But what would be the killer is the fact the trojan would contain her contact info. It would need to be able to find her computer and send data to it and if your a chatter or internet freak you would have it contact your email, instant messengers, IRC, web, etc. So all that info of hers would be there. Getting a binary searcher and looking for MZ and 2 nulls should find any executable no matter the protection because that is a executables signature so the operating system can execute it. All the talk about each other on the net I can't see any court solving it because its not a big deal unless something big happens. As long as you both don't give out each others name, address, other contact info, and or scamming like signing each other up to junk mail, buying things, snail mail, whatever, you should have no problems.

Its usually legal to scan computer ports and look up any info about a ip address but as soon as you attempt to connect to that person with a malicious reason you can be in trouble. Especially brute forcing. Just use a new alias and install a firewall. If you read up just a little on things you'll be protected from almost anything. A firewall will make you invisible on the net, and if you get a new alias and don't use common search words in forums or posts on the net that someone would look up like "troylpn" or her name, your name, anything that stands out and can easily be dug out of search results. Its all common sense. If you need something erased there is all most always a way such as notifying a mod or administrator of a site or X-No-Archive for new groups, etc. If you have a wireless router make sure its protected other wise she can drive near your house and not only use your own internet connection but also see all your internet traffic. That is if its unsecure. Its so easy to keep people out if everyone would know some common rules of protection. The best out come is that you both become friends and stop everything. It will save a lot of time and energy. Anyway good luck 2 you both

Quote Originally Posted by myboyzmom View Post
    [some random rant]
    Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your stay. Some survival tips for a newbie such as yourself.
    1. Learn to use the Enter key to make paragraphs
    2. Getting raged makes you look like a retard and a kid
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

LOL- This is getting interesting to say the least! She is a retard and a kid? Like accusing someone of trying to get ISP records to access all on line data? IE history tells you everything...umm..is that why under Internet Options you can delete the history of all sites? Retarded is calling out a judge for being an ass kisser and alleging criminal records of someone- I think her whole posts are fueled by the fact she is bitter that her husband has to actually support his children and she can't stand the fact that the ex gets ***** she feels she is entitled to. I mean it sounds like all they care about is *****. Who gives a damn about daycare on this forum? Seems to me it was childish and ridiculous to post that type of info that had nothing to do with her issue of a "bad disk" ROFLMAO- troylpn should rethink her anger and obsession about the ex and leave her be.

" Well I guess if I read all kinds of lies about myself I might rant too... To me not near as childish as someone claiming all this from a blank CD ROM and it turned into a trip into espionage land where troylpn seems to have created a complete scenario with no facts.

I would be kind of upset myself.
    But hey, I saw the troylpn posts as rants and psycho ramble. I mean you "think" but haven't taken the disk to a computer shop or had it checked out? And it was for you to copy pictures no pictures from the other person's PC?
    Just my opinion, glad not to have to deal with someone who creates alternate realities based on nothing. I didn't hear one fact to say the disk "had anything on it"- just a hunch.
    Well, calling one childish and not the other also shows that the childishness is all around! There are * sides to a story- part A's truth, party's B truth and then the real truth, We never see things completely clearly.
    If what the other poster (mom) says is true I hope they realize citing false criminal records can hurt you especially since everything you send anywhere has your IP embedded... But just me.

My advice- don't even mention the ex- seems all she is asking for is to leave her alone. Doesn't seem so hard if troylpn really wanted to be left alone. Plus a restraining order won't help when you instigate fights... I also think that mom did not defame the other person only seemed to say- you are lying and quit posting anything about me without any proof. I think that goes without saying even on silly forums..

My advice to troylpn- stop posting anything about her. She is obviously is pissed off about it. She did not seem to do anyhting but defend herself. Everyone has that right. Now, if you get "proof" she did something then accuse her till then maybe keep your mouth closed and quit stirring trouble. It is obvious she will be making sure she in not slandered.

+ Reply to Thread